Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Early November success

sooner308

E1EE3A27-8194-4DEE-907C-F050624A6D57.jpg 17BADB96-3393-45C7-B2F1-EE8C4E8F117B.jpeg I’m usually out grinding it out in late December and early January. Had a great opportunity in October and thought I put a great shot on a terrific deer. Tracked that night and then again the following day. Gave up after bumping him a full day later. Fortunately we have seen him since with a big gash in his shoulder. Somehow hit him forward too much. He’s alive and doing well, which is a relief. This year, November 7th was the day for second opportunities. First day of vacation and 8:45 in the morning this guy came in cruising. Had been very quiet and he came in by himself and worked a scrape 25yds just to the left of my stand. Made the shot and he made it 30 yds up the opposite hill, stopped and rolled back down. Very quick tracking job.

Last edited:
Good heavy buck and cool chocolate! Congrats!!
So- that buck clearly isn’t the buck u mentioned before that u hit forward right?

Good heavy buck and cool chocolate! Congrats!!
So- that buck clearly isn’t the buck u mentioned before that u hit forward right?

No, not the same deer. He is doing well and moving good. We are thinking I caught a limb as I shot. Really can’t wrap my mind around how it all went down. There was a great blood trail and thought for sure he was done. Came in front of my buddy a couple times in the last few weeks and is doing good.

Top Bottom