Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Septic

Oct-Lull

I am curious in anyone can remember over the last couple years what they paid for a new septic. Looking at 300' of drain field and a new tank.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just put in a 1,250 gallon pre-cast tank with 3 - 100' laterals for $6800 in November. This was with 180' of pvc to get from the house to the tank.

Just put in a 1,250 gallon pre-cast tank with 3 - 100' laterals for $6800 in November. This was with 180' of pvc to get from the house to the tank.
Thats about what mine came in at with 50' to the tank.

Complete job for me, I helped for the 2 days and ran skidloader and a shovel. Materials arent even half that so i was surprised it was that high. I paid for the permit, perk test and to pump the old tank on top of that

Mine is a sand filter if that matters ? Was told tank and pipes n filters were over 7500 ??

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Complete job for me, I helped for the 2 days and ran skidloader and a shovel. Materials arent even half that so i was surprised it was that high. I paid for the permit, perk test and to pump the old tank on top of that

Helping a contractor does not necessarily result in a cheaper bill. Often times they'd rather not have the "help". (not saying that is your scenario)

Helping a contractor does not necessarily result in a cheaper bill. Often times they'd rather not have the "help". (not saying that is your scenario)
I agree. In this particular instance its a 1 man crew and since i have alot of experience in a skidloader and unfortunately more with a spade and underground plumbing he asked me to help to cut down time. Unfortunately i should have just worked since i could have made more. I think it would have taken him 4 days otherwise alone

Mine is a sand filter if that matters ? Was told tank and pipes n filters were over 7500 ??

We bought a 1250gal tank for the farm for under 1500$, $300-$400 for 300' of drain pipe. Had 3 loads of rock, 3' trench with fabric. Be some added cost in the filter and junction box and misc pipe. I actually thought it was a little steep. I could have done it but was required to have a certified installer.

Here what i had put in .
2e8a56065b9d7ad88fef5ff38fe82bca.jpg
37fb295471dcdfd15c5b9cccbce1bba1.jpg

Yes you did, and that filter pipe is more expensive and more work

I just put in a poly tank with coco-filter. Bought the "pack". (tan and filter come as 1 unit) No laterals needed with the setup. 1 hole and a minimum 4' of discharge pipe, it was a little over 8k and took about 6hrs.

Top Bottom