Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Senate version of NRLO bill SSB 3129

I never posted your name and location. You looked me up and called me Barney Fife I believe. How’d you get my name. Some how you got my name and found I was in law enforcement. Conveniently you left that part out.

Btw, your name is in your internet handle. Not hard to figure, even for Barney Fife.

Like you do you make personal attacks. Key board balls.

Last edited:
I never posted your name and location. You looked me up and called me Barney Fife I believe. How’d you get my name. Some how you got my name and found I was in law enforcement. I have no clue who you are.

I saved the posts. Want to try again before being made a complete fool? Looked you up after you went dirty. It was easy. Bye now!

The NRLOs are going to save us from CWD and EHD by getting any sex tags pushing their agenda by saying they want to be able to manage their farms by shooting does lmao Make it NRLOs get a tag with a minimum of 200 acres and I honestly would be open to it. 80 acres is a frickin joke.
I dont see acreage requirements solving anything. Bigger the farm, harder it is to do things correctly if you ask me. I mean the bucks you kill dont skew things as much but they become sanctuaries for does and not enough get removed. Doesnt matter if its residents or non. But then its not about management now is it. Vote Bernie and all will be fair for everyone

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

How’d you get my name and why did you look me up. Again, you looked me up, but that’s ok right. You play clean. Lol.

Personally I really don’t care who knows me. I have nothing to hide.

You’re the second person to get my name and do a search. More power to you.

Last edited:
I guess everyone that came here and bought was just after does and being a good steward to help out our herd health in Iowa all along. had absolutely nothing to do with antlers. I apologize I had it all wrong. What the hell was I thinking. I’m going to start screen tilting my doe pics when I list our farm. We have huge does on our farms and have been managing as such for years, should command top dollar.

Everything and anything proposed here is a joke. The acreage isn’t enough, the wait isn’t adequate, deer and elk aren’t the same, NRLOs aren’t serious about managing their land, deer and Minnesota fish are different, NRLOs don’t contribute to Iowa like residents, disease is an excuse, the politicians are being bought, my entire county is owned by out of staters NRLOs are all wealthy.... blah blah. Nothing will ever satisfy this site. Spin, spin, spin.
Finally stating facts! That's all most of us have asked for! Thank you for finally seeing how many of us feel! And also thank you for making it very clear for us who were on the fence, we definitely know now that opening a crack in the gates for nrlo would be a disaster! Have a good evening sir, I gotta go send out some more emails!

• Deleted by fletch920
  • Reason: Error
Show…
  • Deleted by Jdubs
Show…
How’d you get my name and why did you look me up. Again, you looked me up, but that’s ok right. You play clean. Lol.

Personally I really don’t care who knows me. I have nothing to hide.

Again, that was AFTER you posted my full name, county and township of one of my properties. The veiled threats were pretty disgusting also. But, you keep playing the victim. You are very good at it. Must be very frustrating to not get your way.

You’re not worth a response, really. One only has to query the other sites you frequent to know what you are. You play clean. Lol. Give me a break.

Again, who provided my name. Bye Fletch.

Last edited:
FWIW, I remember when Kansas didn’t allow any non residents to hunt deer in the state. Iowa retaliated and passed a law banning Kansas residents from hunting deer in Iowa until Kansas changed it’s laws to allow non residents in! Funny how times change!

FWIW, I remember when Kansas didn’t allow any non residents to hunt deer in the state. Iowa retaliated and passed a law banning Kansas residents from hunting deer in Iowa until Kansas changed it’s laws to allow non residents in! Funny how times change!

Yes I remember those days!
I will go on record if I could have had my way we would have built the wall...

SE Saskatchewan, maybe the greatest area for big bucks anywhere doesnt even let people from other parts of the province hunt. Let alone other provinces. At least it was that way last time I went up to visit

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Three things are guaranteed in life: death, taxes, and change. The key is to be ahead of change.

Truer words rarely spoken.

Wake up call to those on the fence of resident land ownership, do it!!! Do it now! Interest rates low, price of land IS not going to get cheaper. Buffer yourself from NRLO’s and their agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I have been reading this over and here are my thoughts on the matter. I am a NRLO in Iowa and have close to 1250 acres. Throughout the years I have invested hundreds of thousands in the community, and help the local farmers and neighbors as if I wasn't a NR. That being said, why is it such an outrage to want 1-2 buck tags a year to hunt my land? I'm not going to split it up for a money grab, as some people are stating. Iowa is a great state and I enjoy all the time spent in the field with friends and family making memories. It's a shame that this is even a discussion, but this bill provides a little hope.

As for Governor's tags, I have gotten one before and you cannot get one every year. It needs to be approved, and many of these tags are also given to people that can promote Iowa hunting, increasing the amount of money given to the state of Iowa. For NRs applying for tags all year (Bow, Gun, Turkey), the cost can reach over $500 or more. Many of my NR friends that apply for Iowa tags, do NOT want a tag every year and agree with following the process and waiting to be awarded in the draw. All I want is to be able to deer hunt my land each year. Iowa residents can receive multiple buck tags for each season each year, so 1-2 a year for a NRLO is far less.

A little information on deer populations and waste I have seen first hand by residents as well. Some of my property borders public land, and each year during gun season, there are dozens of people that line up and drive the public land. I have seen them come back with everything from button bucks, to basket 6's, as well as a few Iowa giants. Typically I'll walk my property after some of these and find multiple deer dead in the woods that have suffered and are wasted. I live in NJ and as in Iowa, drives are a part of the culture, but that does not make them right. Perhaps this should be discussed more and teach the younger generation there are other ways to hunt and be successful.

In the end, it isn't up to any of us on this forum to decide the law or pass this bill. Most of the chatter on this site has been healthy banter, but I truly hope it does go through. Wanting to spend additional time in the woods on my property hunting has been my wish for years, and this bill may be my chance. Have a good evening everyone and happy hunting. Turkey season is right around the corner, but I may not get a tag in that draw either.
Well written. Written with courtesy & decency.
Most of the replies have been covered & I probably blabbed enough on my point of view. Few clarifications/responses here to your post...

1) yes, you can buy a charity auction tag EVERY YEAR or for sure EVERY OTHER. I believe it’s every year. 2 buddies have bought them 2 years in a row (so if that’s a mix up- I don’t want to throw them under the bus- believe they are ok to buy at auction yearly). You can choose to use it current year or year after - I believe. The range has been $5,300 to $15k & everything in between. Or around 35-45% less after you write it off. Which comes to around: $3,000 to $10k after it’s written off & it goes towards charity. Let’s be honest - for an owner with 500-1500 acres, this is a tiny fraction of the revenue the ground puts out OR a fraction of the upkeep, food plot & other costs involved in these farms. “Media or celeb tags” are a different subject & most would agree- no place/reason for them. Party hunting shotgun to get buck tags, auction tags and some zones that draw every other year - there’s zero case to say a NR couldn’t hunt bucks yearly with current system.

2) like stated, with all due respect- yes, it is up to the residents and voters of Iowa if this is passed. This is unfortunately in our political houses & this is directly tied to voters of this state. Not NRLO’s.

3) I’ll state this as a “R landowner”.... if the binary choice was to continue to liberalize our seasons & change the rules OR.... tighten them up.... I’d gladly go for tightening them up!!! I’d gladly lose a buck tag. If that’s the choice- sign me up. That’s the thing though - there’s never a year that goes by where the debate is “tighten it up”. “Conserve”. “Manage better” - those aren’t the debates. The FACT is: 4 months of hunting, 6 seasons, 6+ weapon choices & we still have bills yearly that wish to further exploit the resource and expand seasons. Never bills to tighten it up some. Even when disease or population issues are present. Out of control attacks & desire to exploit our resource. Usually driven with politics and money. There’s no money & lobbying to tighten things up- hence why we never see things go in that direction.

Top Bottom