Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Necked cartidge bill returns HF 716

I emailed governor too. I really doubt her eyes actually see anything to "her email", i'm sure its just a public email that someone or some people below her read. But if this has made it this far and her being a republican it would not look good for her to veto this, so probably doesn't matter, but worth a try.

Could barely sleep last night after briefing myself on all the latest news on this bill. I need the governor’s email as well please please PLEASE. It may be to late but everyone who understands the negative effects this disgusting new law will have on Iowa’s fragile whitetail resource needs to speak up....YELL!! and be heard!!

I spent my entire life and 30 years of chasing whitetails like a crazed man in the state of Michigan. Couldn’t get enough of it. Eat sleep and breathe it just like so many others do on this forum and in this great state. It’s a way of life for myself and many others, as well as an important American family tradition. I have also been fortunate enough to have spent many years hunting across the Midwest chasing whitetails. In that time I have also watched many of the other top Whitetail states become shadows of their former selves (it’s a cold hard fact) due to the passing of sloppy greedy bills like this one. Iowa IS the last true great whitetail state left standing.

Like many others before me, I chose to do something about the poor hunting conditions and opportunities where I lived. Instead of complain about it or just keep wishing we lived in Iowa I took action and did the necessary things to make a big relocation happen and haven’t looked back. Iowa is so much more than just great deer hunting!

Iowa is an amazing place in our country to raise a family, live life and call home. But this is about a bill that reeks of things to come here that will undoubtedly have negative consequences on Iowa’s extremely fragile deer herd. They say there are only 2 guarantees in life right? Death and taxes. Well I say differently. I say there are 3 guarantees. Death, taxes and humanities greed and love of money at ANY cost. History has proven that fully. I fear this bill and the landslide of degradation caused from this bill and other bills to surely follow in due time may turn Iowa into just another state right along with all the other “used to be’s”.

I am not an avid poster here and I have to apologize for some of my ranting. I take what’s happening here to heart and find the actions of certain groups of people to be mindless, greedy and down right dirty. Therefore i feel the need to fight back anyway possible to try and save what Iowa has in outdoor resources. Tactfully emailing my thoughts, feelings and concerns to the governor. Is there a best email contact or so far the one posted on this thread is the only one does anyone know?

[QUOTE="

side note: as a lifetime NRA member.... I am really rethinking that if they are going to continue to stray from 2a issues & now get into hunting regs. The 2 don’t belong together. I will NEVER join IFC!!!! They have clearly demonstrated- not 2a organization.... they are into game & hunting laws now.... just because they want a little short term spike in the sagging gun sales. It’s slowed since Obama left office & this is one of many tricks they will use to get quick increases in gun sales.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I won't join the NRA. I believe and support the 2A but the NRA is now more concerned with gun sales than representing their members. They don't seem to value conservation. I can support the 2A without being an NRA member and I'm sick of politicians catering to special interests along party lines to get reelected. Most of them never have to answer for the choices they make for the money.

Keep sending emails...
At some point this will get to the governor and get her attention.
Just b darn lucky Michigan's Governor isn't your Governor right now.

[QUOTE="

side note: as a lifetime NRA member.... I am really rethinking that if they are going to continue to stray from 2a issues & now get into hunting regs. The 2 don’t belong together. I will NEVER join IFC!!!! They have clearly demonstrated- not 2a organization.... they are into game & hunting laws now.... just because they want a little short term spike in the sagging gun sales. It’s slowed since Obama left office & this is one of many tricks they will use to get quick increases in gun sales.

This is exactly why I won't join the NRA. I believe and support the 2A but the NRA is now more concerned with gun sales than representing their members. They don't seem to value conservation. I can support the 2A without being an NRA member and I'm sick of politicians catering to special interests along party lines to get reelected. Most of them never have to answer for the choices they make for the money.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much where I'm at. I had been an NRA member, but no more. I'm a huge 2A supporter, but conservation should be a priority over $ within the gun industry. I"ll NEVER join the IFC after reading the crap that Nathan spewed on here. That was a victory lap disguised as trying to help explain the details. Just feels like this thing slipped through under the cover of darkness with Covid making things quiet, and then whamo. I'm really sickened about how this crap keeps happening and "they" keep chipping away at Iowa and our deer hunting.

This is the response I got back after emailing using the link posted earlier.

a5cf05a917c1efaf6066f3a110c9f02a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I received the exact email. Let get a pile of people writing in, it has to catch someone's attention.

Better yet start jamming the phone line listed in the letter as well. Most likely that number is answered by a live person and then when that person gets enough calls they will definitely pass the word on to the governor regarding how their constituents feel. If you get enough phone calls and emails and you will get results! I would also venture to guess that it wouldn’t hurt to blast the phone number and email of the lieutenant governor as well. At this point you got nothing to lose!!

How about mentioning this in the email you send to the Governor and Lt. Governor...

When this Bill was brought up in the Legislature in the Spring of 2019, it was brought up through normal channels, and it was voted down, by a sizable margin...was it not?

The only way this 2020 Bill (HF716) passed, was through a back door route, that no one in opposition was watching....so it could not be, and would not be opposed as it was last year...

If this 2020 Bill, HF716, was brought up this year under normal circumstances it NEVER could have passed in the Legislature.

And therefore it would NOT be on the Governor's desk to sign into law

Last edited:
Govenor's email address:

https://govenor.iowa.gov/contact

How about mentioning this in the email you send to the Governor and Lt. Governor...

When this Bill was brought up in the Legislature in the Spring of 2019, it was brought up through normal channels, and it was voted down, by a sizable margin...was it not?

The only way this Bill (HF716) passed, was through a back door route, that no one in opposition was watching....so I could not be, and would not be opposed as it was last year...

If this 2020 Bill, HF716, was brought up this year under normal circumstances it NEVER was have passed in the Legislature.

And therefore it would NOT be on the Governor's desk to sign into law
I explained just that when I sent my email...... just dirty politics!
Amy Sinclair is my representative and my email hit on many more topics on this bill! I have never of any kind received any reply back in the past!! I’m voting to kick her out..... sick of it and tired of being ignored

Just send email thru govt web page? How can we reach LT governor?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Dude?!

The Bill was ran through a sleasy back door route....The vote was yesterday...it passed

Now we are sending emails to the Governor so she doesn't sign the Bill into Law

Sorry I missed that might be the distraction of the riots and looting in our state so it’s been a bit busy ... hard to focus. Ok good luck hope she vetoes it.

So stupid

I sent my email to the governor Friday and have been encouraging others to do the same. Hopefully it makes a difference but I feel the big money from gun lobbyists and reelection worries will get this signed. I hate how Nathan Gibson says this is all about bow hunters. I hunt with bow and gun but I'm definitely opposed to this bill.

Even on IFC facebook page they will not give a straight forward answer on weapon specifics. Tells me all I need to know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom