Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Necked cartidge bill returns HF 716

Could barely sleep last night after briefing myself on all the latest news on this bill. I need the governor’s email as well please please PLEASE. It may be to late but everyone who understands the negative effects this disgusting new law will have on Iowa’s fragile whitetail resource needs to speak up....YELL!! and be heard!!

I spent my entire life and 30 years of chasing whitetails like a crazed man in the state of Michigan. Couldn’t get enough of it. Eat sleep and breathe it just like so many others do on this forum and in this great state. It’s a way of life for myself and many others, as well as an important American family tradition. I have also been fortunate enough to have spent many years hunting across the Midwest chasing whitetails. In that time I have also watched many of the other top Whitetail states become shadows of their former selves (it’s a cold hard fact) due to the passing of sloppy greedy bills like this one. Iowa IS the last true great whitetail state left standing.

Like many others before me, I chose to do something about the poor hunting conditions and opportunities where I lived. Instead of complain about it or just keep wishing we lived in Iowa I took action and did the necessary things to make a big relocation happen and haven’t looked back. Iowa is so much more than just great deer hunting!

Iowa is an amazing place in our country to raise a family, live life and call home. But this is about a bill that reeks of things to come here that will undoubtedly have negative consequences on Iowa’s extremely fragile deer herd. They say there are only 2 guarantees in life right? Death and taxes. Well I say differently. I say there are 3 guarantees. Death, taxes and humanities greed and love of money at ANY cost. History has proven that fully. I fear this bill and the landslide of degradation caused from this bill and other bills to surely follow in due time may turn Iowa into just another state right along with all the other “used to be’s”.

I am not an avid poster here and I have to apologize for some of my ranting. I take what’s happening here to heart and find the actions of certain groups of people to be mindless, greedy and down right dirty. Therefore i feel the need to fight back anyway possible to try and save what Iowa has in outdoor resources. Tactfully emailing my thoughts, feelings and concerns to the governor. Is there a best email contact or so far the one posted on this thread is the only one does anyone know?
RIGHT ON RIGHT RIGHT ON RIGHT ON!!! ^^^^!!!!!!

Since Nathan Gibson had the guts to post on here (PROPS, but, the ONLY props I can give him on this sleezy political garbage!) - I went to their Facebook page & at least posted some quick thoughts. (& it’s spooky to hear what a few whackos want that do - read some of the comments. & please voice up!!!)
It’s a day late & dollar short but i think it’s good the gun groups hear from hunters & how we want their great 2A advancements to leave our Natural Resources out of their agenda and debate!!!! Please let IFC & NRA know we want them to stick to 2A & quit pimping out out fragile resource like too many do.... for their own tiny interests, for $!!!!!!!, because folks hate deer, “for opportunity” (VOMIT!!!!), etc etc. Please make your voices heard.
Please visit their Facebook page. Read the comments. Make your own comments.
e269fe95f19062779e84a8edcef12635.jpg

da325a73ac92fb3a7ddbb5b9f8abe6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I encourage everyone to go back in time and read Nathan Gibsons comments about this bill on this very forum only a year a few months ago.

https://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/threads/hf716-necked-cartridge-update.58596/page-3

Here are a few quotes from him showing true colors and intent as well as lack of knowledge on deer hunting and conservation

"You are delusional if you think Iowa has the monopoly on big dear and is the best. Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, all are comparable to Iowa."

Nathan Gibson, would you support further expansion of rifle hunting beyond this bill (additional legal loads/calibers)?
"Yes, yes I would. But we unfortunently don't have enough support for that. We have to wait for a few more generations for the old Bow Hunter generation to stop hunting/complaining, and then there will be enough support. That group, is single handily killing the sport in Iowa. Because of their desire to "not loose the big bucks to highpowers", less and less hunters are entering the field, which turns to less tags, and less licenses, which is having and huge impact on the DNR financing to take care of our natural resources.

"Legalize high-power and I guarantee you would see almost a 30-50% increase in tags/license the next year. OR, scratch hi-powers....lets just go back to shotguns and get rid of straight walls, and move the shotgun season to the beginning of the rut at the same time as bow season??? You guys okay with that? It gets rid of straightwalls and you are happy right????"

"I also am very well educated, and don't want to debate knowledge levels here. At its core, this thread is about one thing and one thing only. A bunch of BOW hunters scared they are going to loose their monopoly on big bucks in Iowa. Makes me sick because its at the expense of other sportsmen in Iowa. We are supposed to be on the same team. Makes me sick to my stomach seeing you all fighting this."

"Anyways, Im sorry to be a troll on yall's forum. Ill duck out now and never come back."
As u all think back on this or know what’s coming in the future- above is key to understanding the “opposition” on these hunting issues. READ THIS. This tells you EXACTLY who and what type of thinking you are dealing with. And how they view you and hunting in iowa.
& the beginning comment of iowa not being any different than the neighboring states.... reminds me of Obama saying the US isn’t any better than other countries. WRONG. Iowa is special!! Keep iowa great!!

Then we can all shoot 1.5 yr old bucks like they do in Michigan. That gets me really excited for the future.

Emailed governor. I'm sure it will do nothing but I'd encourage all to do the same.

If nothing else maybe it helps with the next go round.... and trust me that's coming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I received the same generic reply. Doubt it stops it, but hopefully there are enough emails to make her stop and ask a question or two.

Keep banging them. Send emails for your wife and kids, aunts, uncles anyone who is apposed . More, more, more!! It ain’t a law until it is signed and with the legislature already adjourned for the year, they won’t come back to try to override a VETO!!! You guys can slip in a f*ck up their party like they slipped in and slid this bill through!!

I would also continue the calls to the governors office. If they get 500 calls tomorrow, you’ll get their attention!!!

Remind them you are taxpayers and REGISTERED VOTERS!!!

Never, ever give up!!!

Last edited:
I’m sorry guys..... is there anyone that doesn’t look at this and laugh, bash ur head against a wall or put ur hand over ur face?? I mean, come on, I know this is politics BUT.... COME ON!!!! What a sham. OMG!!!!
b1e0bcd0d6f7b1721cfa9035d1fc5a38.jpg

Aren't Iowa deer hunters and conservationists entitled to a common courtesy reach around?

I sure hope his aspirations include the governor's mansion.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Sand
Might be our only hope.
That's the conundrum. Dems likely wouldn't have passed this but not for the reasons we care about. They just don't like guns. Plain and simple. I want a pro 2a legislature that is ALSO pro conservation. That doesn't seem to exist.

That's the conundrum. Dems likely wouldn't have passed this but not for the reasons we care about. They just don't like guns. Plain and simple. I want a pro 2a legislature that is ALSO pro conservation. That doesn't seem to exist.

Exactly. Look at the No votes for the big Great Outdoors bill that passed yesterday. All R's next to the names

HF716 became the law of the land yesterday. Governor Reynolds signed this PUBLIC SAFETY bill for the SAFETY OF THE PUBLIC.

Link to final bill with signatures: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislat...ga=88&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Link to the page that designates this as a PUBLIC SAFETY bill: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/billTracking/sessiondaily it is the last line on the page.

If this is indeed a PUBLIC SAFETY bill why does it need to go through the Natural Resources Commission for rule making?

We will all need to watch the NRC meetings to see when the rule making for this bill will take place.

Link to the NRC webpage: https://www.iowadnr.gov/about-dnr/boards-commissions/natural-resource-commission

HF716 became the law of the land yesterday. Governor Reynolds signed this PUBLIC SAFETY bill for the SAFETY OF THE PUBLIC.

Link to final bill with signatures: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislat...ga=88&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Link to the page that designates this as a PUBLIC SAFETY bill: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/billTracking/sessiondaily it is the last line on the page.

If this is indeed a PUBLIC SAFETY bill why does it need to go through the Natural Resources Commission for rule making?

We will all need to watch the NRC meetings to see when the rule making for this bill will take place.

Link to the NRC webpage: https://www.iowadnr.gov/about-dnr/boards-commissions/natural-resource-commission

So they passed the bill and now are going to make up the rules?? Am I hearing this right.

Top Bottom