Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Black Bear

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
I'm interested in doing an archery black bear hunt in MN or WI fall 2021. WI you have to apply by this December and MN have to apply by May 2021..if I understand their dnr pages correctly. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good outfitter? I have never black bear hunted before. Good odds at a successful hunt is my priority. I don't really care about lodging/food aspect etc, thats nice, but a cheap or hotel or camping in a tent is fine. Just want to have my best odds at success.

I'm interested in doing an archery black bear hunt in MN or WI fall 2021. WI you have to apply by this December and MN have to apply by May 2021..if I understand their dnr pages correctly. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good outfitter? I have never black bear hunted before. Good odds at a successful hunt is my priority. I don't really care about lodging/food aspect etc, thats nice, but a cheap or hotel or camping in a tent is fine. Just want to have my best odds at success.

Longer drive but JP from Karlstad, MN is a bear guide.
OTC tags I think. NW MN very wild country. Nice hotel, rates are fair.

Helped a terminally ill child get this bear a few years ago.....What I did not know at the time was he had turned the scope up to 10 when I was not watching so all he was seeing was a blob of black hence the loooong time before pulling the trigger. It worked out in the end.....

After a little more research I now realize WI is often times a 10 year wait for a tag, yikes, probably forget that. MN I read about every other year you can get drawn if you want an area that is by points or you can get a tag yearly in the no quota areas.

Don’t overlook no quota zones like NW MN. I used to own land up there. Borders Canada and it’s wild stuff. We had Bear on camera, very common in that county—Kittson.

You might see Bear, elk, big deer, wolves, etc... cool area. Guides will put you on big bear.

Go to Canada birch dale lodge is where I've done 2 successful bear hunts with a bow! Marcel is a great guy and has a very nice place

Top Bottom