Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tag sales

muddy

Anyone know if Iowa tag sales are up? Assuming they are since many are unemployed. Been seeing people post/comment/mention their home state tag sales are up overall.

Great for the sport, but annoying when some dipstick crashes in on me this fall.

Deer harvest will be up, I am guessing, as venison will be "very important" to hunters this year. Just my opinion.

I'll play devil's advocate to the previous post. I think doe harvests could certainly fluctuate due to the lack of HUSH availability. Our family doesn't mind a little venison but we donate almost all of our deer. Not having a HUSH option really makes me question my strategy for harvesting does. Finding enough people that are serious about taking a field dressed doe is a challenge in my experience.

If HUSH is condensing due to lack of deer processor participation, people in the new DNR Iowa Deer Exchange want their "free" meat processed, how are the deer hunting newbies going to deal with the first deer they ever shoot? I guess you gotta learn sometime. I also wonder what the success rate is going to be for the new hunters. I chortle every time I hear someone say they are going to start deer hunting for the free meat. ;)

If HUSH is condensing due to lack of deer processor participation, people in the new DNR Iowa Deer Exchange want their "free" meat processed, how are the deer hunting newbies going to deal with the first deer they ever shoot? I guess you gotta learn sometime. I also wonder what the success rate is going to be for the new hunters. I chortle every time I hear someone say they are going to start deer hunting for the free meat. ;)
Lol, it'll probably be the most expensive meat they ever buy!

Zone 9 Non-Resident had leftover gun either sex for the second year in a row, which really surprised me (I think 25 last year and 4 this year). There was a point 10 or 15 years ago it was a given that you had to have a point to draw a buck tag and that's really not been the case lately. Almost every state out west the last 2-3 years has had massive influxes to their draws for every species. It's annoying personally that the sheep draws are getting more diluted because I don't want to buy my slam but it's obvious that the TV guys have finally pushed attention away from the Midwest and to the Western states. Even for whitetails, it seems like everyone and his brother is hunting Kentucky now.

Top Bottom