Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Member "The Bad" & his Muzzleloader Buck

Congratulations! Great buck. I love drop tines.

I notice the red cedar in the background. Was he by any chance using cedar for bedding cover? I've been planting thousands as they are one of my favorites for creating security areas.

Just got in from taking some pics of this buck and member "The Bad".

What a nice buck with a incredible droptine.

2002 was a great year for him, two droptine bucks....one in November, one in December, wow!

Congrats!

TheBad122802.jpg

Thats a hell of a buck. Two droppers in a year, I'd just to like to get one of those just once. Way to go
SD Buck

Sorry it took me so long to respond ...The buck was using an area that was just plain nasty, tons of briars and thorn trees, it was also a place that was overlooked by everybody else because of its size in comparison to all the other cover that was available around there.

I would also like to say thanks to all the guys I hunt with because with out the team effort none of us would have had the chance to get him or the other great bucks we were fortunate enough to harvest.

His body looks pretty skinney, sorta like the buck I got with the muzzleloader this year. Was he, by chance, wounded or just run down from rut and shotgun season?? No offense or anything, it could just be the angle of the camera.

He was pretty roughed up and well past his prime. Most of his teeth were completly gone, and his hide was rubbed pretty bad.

I am not sure if he wasnt hit by a car or something earlier in the year but when we skinned him out he did not have any other wounds. Also the poachers had almost got him before I did as he had a 30 caliber bullet hole in his left year.

Top Bottom