Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 95 - A new one!

H

hershy

...House File (HF) 95 - Deer License Extension.
Would allow a deer hunter who fails to take a deer during the first regular gun season to use the tag during the second regular gun deer hunting season for antlerless deer only.

...I am sure the CO's will be keeping an eye on this one!...can you imagine the fun they would have keeping everything straight...if this passes (unlikely) why would anyone hunt second season?...

I myself wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd season opened for those who don't fill their tags during the first 2. Something like the late bonus season in Jan. but for the entire state. And make it antlerless only of course and later in the year, late January or 1st of Feb.

Wouldn't that be great? Nearly all the deer at that time would be antlerless and for those of us that practice QDM the thought of having bucks shot after they have made it through one, two or three seasons stinks!!
kaboom_spawn.gif

I agree with predator, if you wait untl the first of Feb to have a season you can kiss some big boys good bye. Give out bonus antlerless only tags during first and second season and let's clean house!

Predator,

You show wisdom beyond your years...now if you could just find us some walleyes on opener I'd really be impressed
wstupid.gif

NWBuck

I'm just a redneck from Mn, but I think the DNR counts on the fact that not everybody will fill there tag. And if you shoot all the antlerless deer where will the next bucks come from?

Not to worry guys they're all baldies in Plymouth County
grin.gif
Sorry Songdog kinda wondered the same thing myself, why so late?
Are you north of SC in the hills? Not a lot of ranches in the eastern part of Plymouth Co. I wouldn't mind a few of those antlerless tags in first MZ season.

I think those shotgunners need all the help they can get.Ha Ha!

Sorry, I didn't think of the shedding thing!!! Damn I better get some chapstick for my A$$.

I was just trying to say I wouldn't mind seeing a bonus (consulation) (yeah, i know how to spell!!!) season for the folks (residents) that missed thier deer during regular shotgun season.

And yes this is songdog but a different nick, I'm not at work anymore!!

And if anyone thinks we could ever take out all of the antlerless (doe's) deer, maybe you should get in the field more! I've taken 7 deer in the past 3 years and they've all been DOE'S!! Guess what, I plan on shooting a doe again next year! They taste a hell of a lot better and they're not near as nasty to dress!! (It just take's a short black mini and a tasteful tube top to get them looking good!)

They are typical of the female gene, they will smell you, see you,outsmart you, and wear you down, but just when you're ready to give up they will present themselves...

Id kinda have to agree with Mnbuck on this.Not everyones gonna fill their tag, thats why its hunting and not just deer shooting.After all, we all pick which season we will hunt, if you cant kill your deer during that period that should be the end of it, theDNR doesnt need anymore headaches to deal with than they already got.I think Hersheys right, it would be a pain keeping everything straight.escpecially with our party hunting policy, guys with 1st season deer tags left would be shooting bucks for guys with second season tags and wouldnt be caught unless the game warden actually seen em pull the trigger.Oh well, guesse thats why I go bow and late muzzleloader
grin.gif

Heck I guess I'm in. I will buy a first season shotgun tag. Hunt by myself if I don't get a giant then I will couple it with a second season landowners tag hunt with my normal group of shotgun hunters on my unfilled tag and still have a tag for a buck in the second season.
I will be able to hunt from Oct 1-January 10 with the opportunity to take a buck.What a deer season that I will be. I vote yes!! My wife will love this!!
I'm sure this post will start a heck of a string of replies.

I'm not sure of the specifics, but in Kansas all tags switch to an optional antlerless-only rifle tag after a certain date. That way, say during the second part of our bow season and it's getting down to the wire, we would have the option of using a shotgun for a doe only. It would be a sensible way to knock down some does, but IA wouldn't ever do it without charging an extra fee.

I maybe wrong but I thought that you could use a landowner tag during both seasons for antlerless deer this year. That way if a land owner didn't score the first season they could still take an anterless deer during the second season. I think that is a good idea for the landowners who doesn't hunt other ways.

...moleson, I think your right...I believe the bill is an attempt to tell the IDNR how to manage the deer herd...

Am I the only one who has a problem with this? The concept might be o.k., but its not the legislatures job to regulate wildlife, its the DNR. Is this a bill for funding to allow the DNR to do this? or is this some guy wanting to tell the DNR how to do its job? I hope I don't sound too crabby, I get frustrated when the legislature tries to tell people (DNR, Educators) how to do their jobs. Anyone Else??

moleson

Top Bottom