Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

to haul or not to haul?

bjkpharmd

Just thought I'd throw this out for discussion. If you are a absentee landowner do you haul a tractor back & forth or leave it at the property?

I have always had equipment that was large enough that I didn't want the hassle of hauling it around so I store it at the property.

I have wondered if I had a compact tractor if there would be times that I didn't take it along because of the extra hassle or trailering and fuel costs.

There have been times that I tagged a turkey early so I got the tractor out and did some work. Anyway something to consider when you make a decision about old vs new or big vs little.

What do you do?

I solved the problem and built a house at my farm, got tired of traveling and not being able to keep an eye on things.
grin.gif
Until then, I left everything at the farm but I had some chainsaws and other tools "grow legs".
mad.gif

I don't have a tractor, but I leave my atv/mower down there...each time I pull up I squint my eyes assuming it has grown legs. Once I save enough money...I'll get a small tractor..but I'm saving for a "real" place to store it safely so it will have to wait for when I have the money to do both.

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't stand to have some dirtbag defile my sweet Deere.

[/ QUOTE ]
peace.gif
peace.gif

No way! My Deere stays in even if my truck has to set out!
grin.gif

Since I have two places, I have to haul to the other one...I won't even leave a tractor set there over night.

I learned the hard way from my farming days not to leave anything if I could help it
crazy.gif

I've had windows shot out of a combine, sugar poured in a fuel tank, tools stolen from a cab even a gravity flo wagon stolen out of the field.

I guess you can put me down as a "hauler"
grin.gif
grin.gif

Geez, Pharmer, it's hard to respond to your post when you have a picture like that for your avatar!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Geez, Pharmer, it's hard to respond to your post when you have a picture like that for your avatar!!!

[/ QUOTE ] No joke, I was face to face with the computer screen and almost lost an eye.

I guess you can classify me as a hauler. I have two properties 80 miles apart so would have to have 2 tractors etc....Would not feel comfortable leaving a tractor at the other though.

Top Bottom