Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

tree stand help please

jimfaststeel

I'm looking for some help and insights on purchasing a decent portable stand that I could back pack quite a long ways into the timber. I quess light weight and stability would be the two big factors. Any input on some decent brands would be very helpful. Also looking into the climbing sticks. I've been away from bowhunting for close to fifteen years now and will be getting after them this Fall. Can't wait and I'm really looking forward to it. All kinds of new gizmos out there then what there used to be.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
2 words...

LONE WOLF

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. What Muddy said!
waytogo.gif

Gorilla is awfully hard to beat when you can get 2 for the price of one Lonewolf.
grin.gif

If you are looking to pack it in a long distance the two things I would look at are first, the weight of the stand. Even though 15-25 pounds does not sound like a lot but it will take its toll on you, especially when you add in the rest of your gear. Second, it needs to be durable and quiet.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are looking to pack it in a long distance the two things I would look at are first, the weight of the stand. Even though 15-25 pounds does not sound like a lot but it will take its toll on you, especially when you add in the rest of your gear. Second, it needs to be durable and quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words.... Lone Wolf! haha
grin.gif

The Non Typical line which is now made by Ameristep is nice stuff to. I have both the Lone Wolf and Non Typical. I think both lines have good qualities and are both made as packable stands.

Patriot

I will definitely check these stands out. Any info on the climbing sticks. The ground I'll be hunting will be public and I can't use any screw in steps.
Thanks for steering me in the right direction!!!

The Lone Wolf's might be a little pricier than the rest but it will be the only stand you will ever need. I finally broke down and shelled out the cash last year for one, and absolutely love it.

I have 6 or 7 Gorrila stands and at least 3 brands of cheapos. They are all ok for just hanging and leaving for the season, but the only stand I have that I would consider packing on a daily basis is my Lone Wolf Alpha. It cost twice as much and is at least twice the quality. The LW sticks are equally good.

Top Bottom