Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

STS question

CamoMan

Does anyone have a photo or two of a Hoyt bow with the camo STS on it? I wish I could go with a rear mount, but that isn't an option on the Hoyt, and I want to see how it looks with the front mount unit installed. Also, these have been out for a little while, and I'm sure a few of you have them installed. Any negatives on these at all? Thanks !

Here's one on my old trykon. Sorry no camo.

trykon002.jpg

Camoman,
Get the side-mount STS. It mounts into the triangular hole in the lower portion of the riser. I put one on a few weeks ago, and it works/adjusts great. I had to wait forever to get it directly from Bucks-n-Ducks (the shop that owns/makes the STS) but it was worth the wait. I don't have my camera right now, but I can email you a pic or two within the next few days. The side mount is very clean looking and much better than using a front mount STS.
Buzz

Buzz, thanks for the tip. I didn't even realize the side mount would fit my Hoyt. I went back to the site, and saw that they made it just for Hoyt and Reflex bows. I called Bucks-n-Ducks, and they are shipping my camo, side-mount STS out tomorrow. Sounds like they are just getting caught up on orders. From what he described, it should fit snug in that triangular mounting hole. And he also didn't think I would need to serve the string, because of the 6-inch upsweep of the rod. It may contact the string where my current serving is at - guess we'll see on that. He said it only weights 2.5 ounces. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Just make sure that the STS hits the string where serving is. If it doesn't, but some extra serving on to cover the contact area. If you don't the string will wear - I've seen it happen.

Top Bottom