Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Only Plot

Buckfever1613

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking to put in a plot that is around 1/8th to 1/4 of an acre in middle GA and it will be a plot that i will most likely only hunt for a month at max during bow season. I was curious as to what would be the best attraction food plot that only has to last for a month it does not need any attraction after that. Also, when is the best time to plant this so it is ready to hunt for the bow opener. thanks for any help

I'll bet most of us here really don't have a clue how to answer your question because we are largely from the Midwest. I will say this, if you only want to attract for a short period good luck. It can take a good bit of time to change a deer’s habits. They may not move to your food source on your schedule. If it is a continuous draw (year around) you can count on the buck being their when you are hunting. We are blessed here in Iowa with great soils and our job food plotting is much easier than what many across the country have to deal with. I think I'd try clover if I where you. Good luck.

Buckfever, I would try planting a late group 4 or early group 5 soybean around late August or early September, if you want to hold deer in the early season for about a month. Down there you will get good growth with the earlier bean (for you), but it probably will not produce a pod, just foliage.

I tried soys in a plot that small last year. Two deer will wipe it out in a matter of a week. I would go with something that could withstand grazing. some kind of grain might also be a good choice (wheat/oats/rye)...

If there is no chance of frost, my choice would be oats (heavy), with WW for some late season hunts. Plant about 2 weeks before you plan to hunt. JMO.

Top Bottom