Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer processing question

Talehunter

I process my own deer and bought Cabelas commercial grade 11 lb. vertical stuffer. It works great for stuffing summer sausage(using large tube) but does not work well for stuffing sticks(using the smallest/ steel tube). When cranking down to stuff the sticks, the meat mixture oozes around the rubber ring back up the canister rather than out the tube. I double grind it, stuff immediately after mixing and have added extra water but no improvment.
Anyone else have this problem, use this vertical stuffer or have suggestions? Thanks.

we use the vertical stuffer, we have a small amount ooze out but nothing major and we have stuffed brats and hot sticks. basically we just take our time nice and easy with it, i don't think that we double grind, but we do add water/beer to our mixtures. our stuffer has worked pretty good though, maybe some how you got a defect or something crazy. i guess my only advice is let the stuffer do the stuffin
wink.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

one other thing is that our stuffer has a crank for a faster lift/lower and a crank for slower stiffing, we always use the slower one when stuffing.

Thanks for the input. For the $270 cost, I guess I expected it to work as well with the small tube as the large tube. May be operator error or learning curve. Oh well, we will keep on stuffing and see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]
For the $270 cost, I guess I expected it to work as well with the small tube as the large tube.

[/ QUOTE ]
i really hear you there, i don't see where they put 270 bucks in one of these things!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the $270 cost, I guess I expected it to work as well with the small tube as the large tube.

[/ QUOTE ]
i really hear you there, i don't see where they put 270 bucks in one of these things!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is the stainless steel? Or you are just shopping at Cabela's, yep that has got to be it.

Top Bottom