Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looks like

bjkpharmd

switch but very dark. This was taken last week in an area that I had cut this spring and then hit with 1/2 strength round-up. Also some bunch grasses in the area.
2007_09240024.jpg

2007_09240023.jpg

I've got patches of some grass that looks alot like this. They are seeding right now. The whole patch looks maroon because of all the seed heads. Any ideas?

Old Buck

OB- happy birthday. Did yours just show up or when did you notice? Soil disturbance, seeding, or spray?

It's not switchgrass that's for sure...I think it's tall fescue but I'm not an expert on identifying fescue either.

Tall Fescue
TallFescue.jpg

If it's fescue then it will require several does of roundup and followup burns to kill it. Seed will still sprout after initial kills...pain in the butt to get rid of and it's worse then worthless for wildlife.

Whatever it is...you don't want it!
smirk.gif

I really don't think that it is tall fescue, it may be Purple lovegrass. Tall fescue has seed heads that are wrapped tightly around the stem, where the purple love grass branches out and the seed turns "purple" when matured.

Don't know for sure, but looking at the weed guide, that would be my guess.

Top Bottom