Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last two days have been awesome!

ISHEDHUNT

Life Member
First off last night my buddy and video partner smokes a 185 6/8" giant on film.

My girlfriend will be muzzle load hunting in the morning, so tonight I decided to take her with me on an urban doe hunt. She has never climbed a tree or sat in a stand so I figured better get her in one before tomorrow. She watched me smoke a big doe. She had a blast, now the only thing that could top it would be for her to shoot a good buck tomorrow.

That's a Rage exit wound!

Chris2007003.jpg

Chris

Sounds like great times Chris.
Is the 185 buck the one you showed me trail cam pics of at the gathering?
Good luck to your girlfriend tomorrow.

Thanks Jay and Mike!

Jay no this is another Monster, that buck is still walking. Hopefully the girlfriend will get a crack at him or one of the others tomorrow.

Chris

Well yesterday was a blast, even though she didn't fire a shot she had fun. As we walked in we boosted a doe and 2 fanws and as the old doe ran off she jumped a nice buck bedded below a pond. I was a bit disapointed, but I knew there were several good bucks in the area. After sitting up the decoy and getting us settled in for the morning I waited 30 minutes to let everything settle down. After the first session of rattling here comes a nice 150 class 10 point. When I first spot him he is 120 yards away from us. I tell her here comes a shooter get ready. He slowly makes his way toward the decoy and finally I'm thinking she was going to shoot. Now he is less than 70 yards away and still checking out the decoy. I'm thinking any time now, well he was in the open for me and behind a branch for her. So she was waiting for him to take a few steps and clear the branch. That never happened he turned and started to trot out of the area. I stopped him with a grunt at around 100 yards and she thought he was to far away. Even though she didn't shoot it was pretty cool watching the excitment in her eyes.

We went out again in the afternoon in the same set up, this time I trimmed the branch so she could get a clear shot. We didn't see any bucks but she could have drilled any one of the four does that came through. She wants a buck and said she will wait until the last weekend to shoot a big doe.

Hopefully this rain will let up and we can get back out in another area this afternoon.

It's been a fun year, I've taken the two boys hunting and my gal and to watch someone who is just starting hunting and living the ups and downs of the season it has been very rewarding for me.

Chris

Sounds like an awesome weekend Chris!! Best of luck getting a nice buck in front of your girlfriend!! Was that monster you got on video one of the sheds you showed me at the shed gathering?

best of luck
marc

Marc,

No it wasn't. We had permission on a neighboring place and one night while driving around Doug spotted him. He secured permission and had stands hung, we just waited for the right wind. I was late getting there and we almost left. We had 3 encounters with his buck that evening before he closed the deal. He was a full draw 4 different times, once for over 4 minutes. Pretty nerve racking for him and I. The buck was everything we thought it would be. Those sheds and trail cam photos I showed are bucks that are all still walking. We had a close encounter with the big typical, but it was to dark to shoot or film. Hopefully he will make a mistake a little earlier in the day sometime soon!

Chris

Hi Chris

Congrads!! Keep after the other bigboys. Prime time is only a few weeks away! they will slip up sooner or later

Marc

Chris,
Congrats on a great weekend. I hope your gal gets her deer this weekend and looking forward to the story. I hope to take my daughter out Sat AM and then I will start my buck quest.
Matt

Top Bottom