Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Des Moines New World Record

I think i was able to break through the stupid and figure it out. maybe he isnt doing anything that bad, just trying to find out who is harrassing his buddies. just with a touch of ignorance added to it.

I'm glad I wasted 5 valuable minutes of my morning on this crap. Thanks alot for that.

T250...you are wasting your time and more importantly,ours.
I'm going to go sit in a tree.

Hey T250, I'm a member of the secret society. We have a secret hand shake, secret code words, secret decoder rings and we don't let icky girls in our club. We meet in my mom's basement the meeting times are all secret but mom always makes cookies and we drink lots of milk.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey T250, I'm a member of the secret society. We have a secret hand shake, secret code words, secret decoder rings and we don't let icky girls in our club. We meet in my mom's basement the meeting times are all secret but mom always makes cookies and we drink lots of milk.

The 'Bonker </div></div>

Bonker, i heard you guys wear Capes and fuzzy bunny slippers.....

Is that true?

These kind of people make me feel more normal everyday. Good luck to those still hunting. Cooler weather is not far away.

Alright, I've bit my tongue as long as I can. I don't have a clue who T250 is, but I do know who he is talking about. What he is saying is a friend of his saw a deer. Big freakin deal, right? He talks to a few of his friends and tells them about this big deer he has seen in the CITY LIMITS OF DES MOINES. Big freakin deal, again, right? Well, a few nights ago, he got a threating phone call saying that if he knew what was good for him, he would keep his mouth shut about the deer. That is were he got severly PISSED OFF. The guy could give a s$!t less about the deer, or anything to do with it, he wants to know who in the hell called his house and said that to him, and hung up. I will say, T250 isn't taking the right approach on finding out, but, someone is that stupid enough to call someone and tell them to keep their mouth shut about it, he is going to threatin them with the location of the deer to people, in turn finding out who called his friend.

It is a freakin stupid thing that has turned into something bad. I don't know why anyone would even consider calling someone about a buck that is IN THE CITY LIMITS OF DES MOINES. Come on, have we really lost that much track of hunting, its all who can kill the biggest buck now? Is one deer worth threating someone over? Just thought I would clear a few things up, I do know that the guy that got the phone calls is pissed off about it, and he really doesn't want anything to do with the deer. And he is not a poacher, nor will he poach the deer.

Sorry for the rant.

thanks nanny. I thought I was close... anyhow how how... Typical 250, welcome to the site. You do what you have to do. Understandable that you are pissed. just be careful what you put on the site. because it is a great one, and also I think that you should make it public, or do whatever, no need to put up with that crap.

sounds like we jumped the gun, way to go ya jerks :p ahahaha.

Also.. thanks for the entertainment, /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

thanks nanny. I thought I was close... anyhow how how... Typical 250, welcome to the site. You do what you have to do. Understandable that you are pissed. just be careful what you put on the site. because it is a great one, and also I think that you should make it public, or do whatever, no need to put up with that crap.

Also.. thanks for the entertainment, /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pleased that we do have a buck of this caliber in this area but on the downfall side there is no reason for threatening phone calls to someone I know prior to even getting on this website. Phone calls pertaining to "keep your mouth shut about this deer if you know what's good for you" and other threatening comments of this sort. So until the people who had to make these phone calls step to the plate and leaves me some private messages the deer will go public as was threatened not to have happen. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth- hope to see a private message soon. </div></div>

The deer went public like 2 months ago you tard. I'm from Burlington and I even heard about it, I don't even read the Des Moines newspapers.

I still have a hard time seeing your point. So people are calling you making threatening phone calls? Tell them to f off and quit being a wuss.

Bottom line, its just a deer, I guess that's just the way I see it. Like I said in my previous post, we live in Iowa, the big buck capital of the U.S., yeah we're going to see big bucks...they're everywhere. If someone got your number threatening you then the only way that could happen is if you were telling lots of people, which is your own fault. Sometimes things are best just kept quiet man. Good luck getting info from anyone on here.

Also, if there is a "secret society" in Des Moines who has organized a legal way to hunt this deer, more power to 'em. Looking forward to the pics in the harvest forum. LOL. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

So Nanny, I assume you know, or know of, the person who got the alleged phone calls. My only thing is the internet and IW isn't the place to call someone out. If he doesn't know who it is, how does he know it is somebody from this site? Did he post the same stuff on other sites? Did he notify the authorities?

By his post he cast aspersions on all the members here on IW. I didn't much care for it.

I can think of several ways the post could have been written to elicit a positive response from the members.

Having said that, if this is indeed a true situation it is a very sad commentary on the state of antler hunting, not only in Iowa but where ever whitetails are hunted.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright, I've bit my tongue as long as I can. I don't have a clue who T250 is, but I do know who he is talking about. What he is saying is a friend of his saw a deer. Big freakin deal, right? He talks to a few of his friends and tells them about this big deer he has seen in the CITY LIMITS OF DES MOINES. Big freakin deal, again, right? Well, a few nights ago, he got a threating phone call saying that if he knew what was good for him, he would keep his mouth shut about the deer. That is were he got severly PISSED OFF. The guy could give a s$!t less about the deer, or anything to do with it, he wants to know who in the hell called his house and said that to him, and hung up. I will say, T250 isn't taking the right approach on finding out, but, someone is that stupid enough to call someone and tell them to keep their mouth shut about it, he is going to threatin them with the location of the deer to people, in turn finding out who called his friend.

It is a freakin stupid thing that has turned into something bad. I don't know why anyone would even consider calling someone about a buck that is IN THE CITY LIMITS OF DES MOINES. Come on, have we really lost that much track of hunting, its all who can kill the biggest buck now? Is one deer worth threating someone over? Just thought I would clear a few things up, I do know that the guy that got the phone calls is pissed off about it, and he really doesn't want anything to do with the deer. And he is not a poacher, nor will he poach the deer.

Sorry for the rant. </div></div>

Unfortunately nanny I feel that yes a lot of people have forgotten the connection to nature that hunting presents and are now horn hungry, which is also more obvious these days due to the increasing number of poachers who get money for large racks. Remember the fuss with the Albia buck? There were like 10 people hunting that animal. People should just admire a maginificent animal like that, yeah the thought of harvesting one of those is the dream of many and it happens to few. I guess I just admire nature, and if a situation to harvest something that magnificent ever presents itself to me, I will be truly grateful, will it? Probably not, so I'll just keep watching these people fight over a wild animal and laugh. Its hilarious really. I'll just make some popcorn, sit back and watch the show.

Bonks, I agree this is not the place for the situation at hand. I don't know why T250 came to this site in particular, or if it is on any other site, this one burns up to much of my time, so I dont visit other ones. I see the point trying to be made, but it is done very unprofessionally (is that a word?) and should have been dealt with in another way.

And SE, you, I, and all of the world know that deer hunting has lost all meaning, its just about the horns now. Who knows what will actually become of this, probably nothing. I say, to the hell with it, get over it, its just a deer. Spend more time with the family and the good things in life other than hunting, and then maybe, one will appreciate what one has a little better.

If TYP250 had started out looking for help civally, and made his point upfront we would have reacted differently. So since I have been one bashing if he really wants help here is some...

Got caller I.D. ? It only costs a few dollars a month.

Then look them up on reverse look-up Reverse look-up

If they are blocking it:

"*57 Call Trace - allows a subscriber to have the last incoming number
automatically traced. The results of the trace are not provided
directly to the subscriber; they are outputted to the Telephone
Company. The Company, at the subscribers request, will forward the
results to the police after a case number has been assigned by the
police. The access code for this feature is (*57) push-button or 1157
rotary."

Good luck!

Hi fives to nanny- pretty sure I know who you are through hearsay....thanks for clearing up the situation for the guys who had doubts and rude comments. For the guys who thought I was bluffing....never doubt a newcomer even though it does sound unbelievable. So there is a true neighborhood giant...maybe he will fall and maybe he won't-Thanks.

"Go Public?"
Okay 250, you want the story, here's the story.
Deer like this don't just appear out of no where. He's big this year, he was big last year. In fact, he's been big since he was a 150" 1.5er. How do I know this? I know this because I raised this deer. His name is Thor. I found Thor sitting on the side of the road 7 years ago. He was a spotted fawn then. His mammy had just got hit by a car and he was running frantically through the middle of the road. I watched as he escaped the same fate as his mammy only to roll down into a ravine. So, I got out of my truck and went and checked on him. He was laying at the bottom of the ravine bawling and bruised with no where to go. So, I got my winch and attached it to my belt and a rappelled down the ravine. I wrapped Thor up in my coat. I took him home. The plan was to nurse to good health using goat milk from our farm. When I got back to town house, I rushed up stairs to tell my wife I had a present for her. She could see something fuzzy in my arms and thought it was a puppy.... Nope sorry babe. It's a deer! I told her the story and she was nearly in tears. She agreed. We had to help this little guy out. Well.... days, weeks.. and then months passed. Thor was looking good. We fed him canned corn, carrots and apples. I even built a pen in my garage that included a fake licking branch, cedar post, mineral block. Everything this deer needed until one day, we decided it was time to set him free. So, one day we took him to a city park and just let him run. He ran around having fun. Jumping sniffing. Everything. When he wondered out into the woods, we made a break for it. We ran to our car and sped off. But, before we could get to the park exit, Thor was running beside us. Dumb deer. We knew if we kept going, he would just follow us and eventually get hit by a car. So, my wife opened the sliding door and Thor jumped in. Being knowledgeable about deer I knew it was going to be hard to introduce Thor into the wild. After the winter passed, we agreed that Thor was getting big and we would need to move to a bigger house. So we bought a nice house with a football sized yard. We built a pen out back, but soon learned that it was not needed. Thor would not leave the yard. Like clockwork, he waited at the back door every morning and evening for his mixture of corn, oats, carrots & apples. This deer had it made. He was definitely living the life. Spring & summer came and we noticed Thor was growing some incredible velvet for such a young deer. By the time fall arrived, he had grown into an amazing 150" 1.5er and rubbed all the trees in our backyard to death. Not only that, he didn't know his own strength and was becoming a damager to us. So, we loaded Thor up on the horse trailer and took him to our farm. We decided to board him up with the goats as then were in a high fenced area. After only a month when October arrived we received a call from the in-laws saying that Thor had to leave. Apparently he was trying to have his way with the doe goats. So again, we made an attempt and introducing him into the wild. We let him go 45 miles outside of town and made a mad dash to the city. This time, we were able to outrun Thor. We knew he would adjust to his new environment. Maybe even find a new girlfriend. A few days passed, and then one more I woke to a familiar sound at the back door. Sure enough, it was Thor. It took him two days, but somehow he found his way back home enswathed. From there on out, we decided, "whatever happens, happens" We have had the privilege of watching Thor turn into such a beautiful animal. We even still set out a treat for him here and there and he still knocks on the door now and again.
So... "Go Public" Whatever you need to do 250. All you will be doing is help build the legend of Thor.

its not that your story was unbelievable, its your attitude when you join our forum, and start pissing all over the place. if your original post had stated all the facts, clearly, and grammatically, you would not have been blasted for being a tool. just because this is the premier whitetail website on the net, doesn't necessasarily mean that the jerk making the threatening calls is on here (although, it wouldn't surprise me if he was). even if he is on here, chances are high that he is a lurker, and not one of the core posters. you needed to speak with a little respect in your tone, and you would have seen some in return.

as far as your actual problem...if i were the one that had called your buddy, do you think i would admit to a misdemeanor just to protect the location of this buck? if you want to retaliate, go ahead and spill the beans to the world on this site, and a couple other iowa hunting sites, and be done with it. if someone does something to you or your buddy as a result, then i think it will be easy for you to figure out who made the call

Top Bottom