Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

beard, spur mounts

dominator

ok guys, im starting to build up a collection of fans that is way too big. do any of you know good ways to mount multiple beards and spurs below one fan? thanks

Ok you cant really tell in this pic. Just look past the AR. But I dont have room for anymore fans. so I just took some spiderwire and a needle and stuck it through a handfulll of beards and it is hanging directly at the base of the fan. I will take another close up when I get home. But I also have some others with framed picturs and stuff like that.

Photo_19.jpg

This is a holder a friend made. Basically copied it off of an idea from Cabelas. It originally had a 1/2 cirle attatched to the top and behind it you would place your full tail fan. 15 holes for beards is a little cramped. I used plastic pvc caps to put the beards in after I painted them black. It is 1/2" oak with a light stain. A fun fan looks really cool behind it.

100_1081.jpg

100_1079.jpg

Very cool Steve!

It's been awhile since I got a tour of your "man cave"... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

On most days I can make some turkey sounds with them! The one on the bottom right is made out of goose bones and is very soft. The others really put the volume out. I was at a outdoors show a few years ago and a guy was selling wingbone calls made out of hen wings. Not sure what the difference was, but I could do every call (even a kee-kee-run) with those yelpers. Can't do it with the ones I've got. Wish now I would have spent the $20 and took one of those hen yelpers home that day.

By the way....how long are those spurs in you pic? Those are some hooks! 1 1/2" plus?

I went this route. Uses only one fan but allows you to put multiple beards. I have one for my easterns, merriams and rio - still waiting on an oppurtunity for the ocseola. Still working on cutting all the spurs and will probably hang them on a piece of leather with some wooden beads or something like that. This is a fan display of my merriam from the Standing Rock Reservation

d523c0a9.jpg
[/img]

Top Bottom