Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Have to have in '08?

180class

Ok, so like most of you throughout the years, I've pretty much accuired all the equipment necessary for an entire season of hunting. Some completely necessary, some...not so much. Anyways, this time of year, I'm always looking to add that one piece of equipment that I just have to have. Problem is, I can't really think of anything this year that I can't live without. Except for new camo. What is that one piece of equipment that you guys wouldn't be caught in the woods without that I might be overlooking?

Just start buying a second of everything major that you have. Like my dad tells me, you should always have two of everything!

I think that's just his excuse to buy more hunting stuff when he already has all he needs.

My wife doesn't think it is necessary for me to own more then one bow.....

I told her that "he whoever dies with the most bows wins"!!!

She doesn't think so......

I told her I at least need to get a back up bow, but she is in no hurry to let me get one...

argue.gif

What she doesn't know won't hurt her!

But really, you should explain to her that a backup bow is one of the most important things a hunter can have. Believe me, I know. It really sucked when mine crapped out in ND last year and there wasn't a matthews dealer anywhere nearby.

The backup bow is a absolute must. There is no way that I could be waiting on a part or trying to tune and site in a new or fixed bow during prime time. I even go as far as having extra sights ready so all I have to do is slap them on the bow if needed; already sighted in.

After 19 years of marriage (well, next Tuesday, anyway) my wife is finally realizing just how fine the "fine print" was in the marriage contract /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Her old standby: "You used to say 'If I just get this (insert new hunting toy here)I'll be set' but every year its something new!"

Uh...that's right, honey!

Anyway. Lots of replacements for stuff-getting-old/worn out/depleted(new boots, 'nother dozen arrows,pack of broadheads, etc)but some wish-list items too:
Scarface deke
Climbing sticks (Gorillas on sale this week at my pro shop)
Trail camera

Maybe Santa will come early this year? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grasshopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"You used to say 'If I just get this (insert new hunting toy here)I'll be set' but every year its something new!"</div></div>

That's funny, because these are the EXACT words that my wife uses everytime I bring up the subject of needing something new.

I'm getting a new knife sharpening kit this Christmas, too bad I'll have to make do field dressing until then. +1 to the backup bow comment -- this is my first year with a good backup bow and I feel much more at ease, especially after replacing a limb last year the last of Sept. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grasshopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"You used to say 'If I just get this (insert new hunting toy here)I'll be set' but every year its something new!"</div></div>

That's funny, because these are the EXACT words that my wife uses everytime I bring up the subject of needing something new. </div></div>

Note to self: when I get married, don't let the wife know that I'm buying something new. What she doesn't know wont hurt her. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife doesn't think it is necessary for me to own more then one bow.....
I told her I at least need to get a back up bow, but she is in no hurry to let me get one...</div></div>

Then you need to buy HER a new bow. Who cares that it doesn't fit her and she can't pull it back, its the thought that counts darn it! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

In my case, I already have everything that momma thinks I need so no new toys for me. I had to "accidentally" run over my old bow with my truck to get the o.k .for a new one a couple years ago! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bearcat10</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grasshopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"You used to say 'If I just get this (insert new hunting toy here)I'll be set' but every year its something new!"</div></div>

That's funny, because these are the EXACT words that my wife uses everytime I bring up the subject of needing something new. </div></div>

Note to self: when I get married, don't let the wife know that I'm buying something new. What she doesn't know wont hurt her. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

How do you think i got these this year! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
IMG_00013.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ I had to "accidentally" run over my old bow with my truck to get the o.k .for a new one a couple years ago! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Genius! Never used that one before! Another "tool in the shed" to pull out when needed...Thanks /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

i saw in a magazine.. i think it was outdoor life or iowa game and fish that had new GPS units with satellite imaging on them.. i thought that was pretty bad a**.. portable arial photos everywhere u go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you think i got these this year! </div></div>
IMG_00013.JPG

Holy crap Derek. Looks like you lost some weight and your head over the deal... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the rule in our house. I don't look in her clothes closet and she doesn't look in my shop... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What she doesn't know won't hurt her!

But really, you should explain to her that a backup bow is one of the most important things a hunter can have. Believe me, I know. It really sucked when mine crapped out in ND last year and there wasn't a matthews dealer anywhere nearby. </div></div>

Another reason not to shoot a Matthews.

You'll never have everything. Here's a few things I "needed" this year:

Rangefinder
Safety Harness
Treestands
New Bow & Accessories
Trail Cameras
Gray Wolf Camo
Video Camera

Not to mention arrows , broadheads (it's always fun to try new stuff). I figure treestands and trail cams I will never have enough so a few of those each year for sure.

No wonder I'm broke. Credit Cards are the DEVIL.

I highly suggest NONE of you get into film production. You think hunting equipment is "neverending and expensive"... Yeah - nothing for filming is under a couple hundred bucks it seems! It's nuts!

I got a bunch of new Gray Wolf stuff this year as well that I've been wanting for a long time. Unlined Jacket and Pants in Wolfskin Fall Gray. A lined vest, and a new coat with some customized pockets and collar. Jeff makes some crazy killer stuff man! Tough to hide that from wives and whatnot though! Glad I'm not married.....yet....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yet.... </div></div>

Won't be long if the classic was any indication... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xpuncher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What she doesn't know won't hurt her!

But really, you should explain to her that a backup bow is one of the most important things a hunter can have. Believe me, I know. It really sucked when mine crapped out in ND last year and there wasn't a matthews dealer anywhere nearby. </div></div>

Another reason not to shoot a Matthews. </div></div>

blahblah.gif

Top Bottom