Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How Old?

ISHEDHUNT

Life Member
Help me out here guys, I have several hundred photos of this 9 point. To me his body says mature, but his rack looks to be 2.5. Is he an old deer or just a genetic dud?
SUNP0229.jpg

SUNP0063.jpg

Chris

That looks like an older buck to me. Not a lot of sway in his back but a sag in his belly and a real muscled. You could put a 150 inch set on his head and I think it would look perfectly natural. imo

wow...that's a heck of a body; and that was taken in 2005? Have you seen him since or have any pics from him on the cams the last 2-3 years?

Matt, pretty sure that those pics are from this year. Didn't make a wildview cam in 05.

Looks like an older buck to me, just got screwed on the genetic part that makes the rack /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My opinion is a buck past his prime. </div></div>

Ditto /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I agree with all above that this is an older buck. My opinion is that management-wise you may want to remove this buck from the herd. Not for genetic reasons but because he may be dominating the area and driving off younger, higher potential bucks that otherwise might stay in the area. Remove him and make room for a new, king of the hill. Hopefully one with a larger crown.

Old Buck

Top Bottom