Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stinkin' DOGS!!!!!! Question!?!?

I agree with saskguy no one deserves a slow agonizing death..Nothing wrong with a rifle crack though..My lab took off over night a few months ago he wasnt chaseing deer he was after a girl friend i havent gotten a child support bill for him yet but im waiting for it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Hes been tied up ever since unless im out there with him.

I don't like the antifreeze BECAUSE I worry other critters are very likely to eat it- foxes, coons, bobcats or something. I really am an animal lover. I want to kill specific dogs.

Now, one interesting thing is I found a buddy who can come and trap "coyotes". I didn't ask BUT I assume it would be a foot trap or something???? So, if I catch something I don't want to kill, I could release it right???? Would foot trap break legs though? SERIOUSLY, if I caught a bobcat or fox- I'd let em go. Do you think this is a viable solution to specifically target a certain animal

*Other thing to consider, I don't mind bullet BUT I am at end of season SO I really don't want to ruin another hunt if I can help it. I suppose I could get my 12 gauge with slugs and go for a peaceful walk after season, think I could track them down and get close enough? I guess that's just luck. Those are my 2 options at the moment. Wow, I think my blood pressure is gonna give me a stroke at only 30 years of age here, at least I'll die in my stand- in the place I love!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Traps work well Skip and there are traps available that will do less damage to a foot. The yotes my son traps never have any damage to feet or legs and uses ordinary traps.

He does use a spring so that as the animal lunges it will be less likely not only to escape but cause injury to a leg.

Snares also work well although the animal will mostly likely perish. He snares yotes so that might be an option.

If you catch a dog in a trap you'll need help if your planning on gettig it out alive although perhaps that isn't what you have in mind.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

If you catch a fox or a bobcat in a trap, how are you going to release it? I don't think they will understand that you only want to let it go. And remember, a fox will chew off his own leg to get away, don't think a bobcat will.
I understand not wanting to ruin a hunt by shooting a dog, but it's the hunt already ruined?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you catch a fox or a bobcat in a trap, how are you going to release it? </div></div>

It's not that difficult using a snare over the neck to pin it down and release it. Mots guys call the CO and he'll come out and release it unharmed.

Piece a cake! (Dogs can be released in the same manner but a big coats or blanket also is helpful)

Had the same problem a few years ago.I warned the owner of the dog quite a few times and they never would get smart and put the dog on a leash or in a fenced area. I was in a ground blind one afternoon and he ran up and growled at me and tried to go after me in the tent.Very mean and agressive Doberman. That was the last straw. Next morning I went out with a 12 gauge and sat at the same ground blind. Sure enough same thing. Bye Bye doggie.

If you want to get one in range just whistle and wait a few minutes.

I love dogs but not ones that intend to hurt humans.

Top Bottom