Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Assault Weapons Ban UPDATE

blake

Life Member
iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

news.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000">Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Obama Seeks to Deliver on His Gun Ban Promise</span>
02/26/2009

As was anticipated by American gun owners, Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday that the Obama administration will seek to reinstitute the so-called “assault weapons ban.”

Originally implemented during the Clinton administration, the ban on semi-automatic weapons that resemble assault rifles was allowed to lapse during the subsequent Bush presidency.

“As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons,” Holder said.

Holder said that the primary object of the renewed ban would be to curtail the flow of such guns into Mexico. Fully automatic assault rifles, such as are used by the military of various countries, are the weapons of choice among Mexico’s warring drug cartels.

It is illegal to possess or use a fully automatic rifle in the U.S. without a special permit obtained through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. However, semi-automatic weapons that resemble fully automatic assault rifles have long been the target of the gun control lobby.

Congressional opposition to the Obama administration’s attempt to ban the semi-automatic rifles is expected to be greater now than during the 90s, if only because presently thousands of American hunters use the semi-automatic rifles to hunt everything from prairie dogs to white-tailed deer.

Although Obama made it clear during the campaign that he would seek to reinstate the ban, Democratic governors and Democratic Congressmen in the Senate and the House of Representatives assured concerned constituents that, if he was elected, Obama would do nothing to infringe on the Second Amendment rights of hunters and other shooting sports enthusiasts.

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

Re: Assault Weapons Ban

And all the "Obots" that blindly follow their master say "Amen".

I wish I had a dime for every time someone said, "He doesn't want to take our guns away." FOOLS!!!

Re: Assault Weapons Ban

Democrats = gun control
Liberal Democrats = gun bans

Nothing new here, just your Democrat party in action only with power on their side now and liberals in the lead. Over 50% of the country agrees that guns should be banned as evidenced by the vote however so majority rules. These are the consequences.

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

news.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Pelosi throws cold water on weapons ban</span>

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does this mean that if we buy them before the ban we can still own them? </div></div>

I'm pretty sure that's how the last one was written.

absolutely retarded. like the mexican drug cartel is buying their guns legally off gun store shelves anyway.

My next door neighbor runs a business that sells lots of black type rifles of all sorts and business is BOOMING.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My next door neighbor runs a business that sells lots of black type rifles of all sorts and business is BOOMING. </div></div>

Sooooo, are ya sayin ya got a hook up?

The 'Bonker

I think I'm about even on the moving though- I've hauled a washing machine upstairs and a couch both ways because it wouldn't fit.

I need to talk to him and figure out what is going on- I just checked the site, I haven't talked to him for a few weeks. Site used to be full of ARs and AKs. Also no .223 or 7.62x39 ammo...

There is a huge ammo shortage everywhere. Even primers right now seem to be hard to get. We are right in the middle of an Obama Arms race, no doubt about it.

Shane said that he just isn't putting anything on his site that he can't ship same day or expected to ship within a week, can't keep a black gun in stock. Same comment on ammo- anything for an AR or AK is sold as fast as he gets it.

Top Bottom