Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Report your classic experience here

Iowabowtech

Did you buy anything, meet any new peeps, get any ideas to take into the season, etc?

My purchases were an IW shirt, custom slate (I knew I'd cave on this), 1 beer and a Jack & Coke. Had a real nice visit with Loess Hills Archer and the boys from Outreach, also Muddy Outdoors ($99 harnesses at show = awesome), and a couple of the fellas at Midwest Whitetail. Donning my IW gear I was really hoping to randomly bump into some more of you all but I guess Friday night probably isn't the big traffic night. Byron Ferguson's show was very good, he has quite a sense of humor. And of course the customary huge racks weren't too bad either. I didn't really see any new products I had to have this year which is odd for me. Overall a good time as always. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Just returned from the classic.

In terms of antlers, There will NEVER EVER be a display of huge whitetails like this again.

275 5/8 Simmons
274 Des Moines found dead
264 Chris Wood
238 Fairfield lady

The state has NEVER had 270s and 260 before and it is only Friday night.

So far it has been great, met quite a few new people, including a lot of IW guys, must have missed you at the booth.

And there sure are some GIANTS this year! Wow!

mine pretty much mirrors yours. picked up the dvd from outreach, and doubleA. talked to some vendors about IBA donations....dean from treehopper is one of the nicest guys to talk to. and his pruners are awesome! hung out at the IW booth for a bit. talked to a couple "celebs" about the posibility of getting them to speak at the IBA events in the future. saw a couple deer, picked up some chew.

if you aren't an IBA member, and want to join, the classic is the place. all members that join at the classic will have their name thrown in a hat, and be drawn to win a free bow from bowtech and buck hollow sports. if you are already a member, sign un your kid, your wife, your buddy. just make sure you tell them you get the bow /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

i'll be back sunday morning, with my nephew in tow, and might possibly be back saturday, to see the crowd. i'll be wearing something IBA and something IW, feel free to say hi

The wife and I attended on Friday afternoon, I like how they spread the show out more. Talked to Thomas, and saw a few of the other guys.
We both found it comical how many people were lining up to get an autograph from Lee and Tiffany. These folks are just hunters like the rest of us.....never thought I'd see the day that we make deer hunters celebrities. I guess it keeps our minds off of the economy...........One last thought....SHAMWOW!!!!

Had a great time at the Classic last night. Ran into a bunch of IW's and spend a lot of time at the Outreach booth also. A bunch of us ended up going out to eat afterwards and had a great time together.
Trying to see Lee and Tiff reminded me of people waiting to get on a ride at Adventureland. Lots of people standing in line. At least they put them off to the side were they don't clog up an isle.
Things seem a little more spread out this year so that may help with some of the congestion in the past.
I'm sure today will be packed. Might head back down late this afternoon and then back again on Sunday with the family.

Spent about 3 hours there last night. Highlights of my visit:

1) The Simmons buck. Kyle, enjoyed the brief conversation about your whitetail and it's unique antler/scoring configuration. Good luck with everything in the future related to that buck. Congrats again.

2) IW Booth - wished it would have worked better for me to be there today and see more people but it was nice to briefly chat again with Wayne, Travis, Chris, Rudd, Nanny, Ellis, Thomas and a few others. Fantastic muley Wayne and Meder did a great job with him. Chris, thanks again for the site and the fellowship that it fosters. Travis, thanks for the generousity outside the show. Hopefully next year will afford me some more time at the show to visit with more IW'ers.

3) Outreach Outdoors - Picked up a hat and video and spent some time watching the DVD this morning. I really was touched a couple times during the viewing. Your team shares a humility that is truly refreshing to watch in a hunting DVD. I think your product is going to appeal to alot of people.

Full Quiver - I think we crossed pathes at the mens restroom but by that time I had one too many in my system and needed to relieve myself pretty bad. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif Never did see you again?

Again, wished I would have had more time this weekend but maybe next year.

Simmons buck
Simmons_buck.JPG

Woods buck
Chris_Wood_mount.jpg

<------Unaware of his surroundings!!

I can't believe I missed that. I was in the area for quite awhile talking to Midwest Whitetail guys and buying the new threads at IW!! Come to think of it, I didn't go much right of the IW booth which is where it must have been. I'd been there long enough I guess I moved on in haste.
doh2.gif

Either that or got thirsty and didn't come back to finish that aisle. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

i was there all of friday and left saturday night around 6.

I spent most of my time at the IW booth and at the MW booth, got lots of time to chat with all kinds of IW guys and i gotta say, this site is secondary to actually getting to know you guys! I enjoyed all the conversations!
I agree that having the show spread out made it less congested and easier to get around.

best classic i have been too! my feet hurt

Being from northern Illinois, I thought i would take the four hour trip this year for the first time. I wasnt disappointed, I never seen such a mass of bone in one place in my life. Much better than Illinois Deer Classic, you guys should be proud of what you have in Iowa. I went and seen Lee and Tiff speak in the late afternoon, sat right in the front row, all I can say to Lee is, Youre one lucky man.

my only classic regret, was that i didn't get to see chris brackett's (arrow affliction) seminar. from buck to ducks...bowhunt everything

Tiffany wasn't charging for pictures. I got one with her. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif This year was by far the best classic I've been to. And I got a sweet new Iowa whitetail tee shirt.

I went Friday lots of great looking deer, talked to some of the IWT GUYS also bought a Muddy archers tree stand 19 feet to the seat, checked out the neqw muddy climbing sticks. They look good rope fastening system. They are not avleable untel july.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my only classic regret, was that i didn't get to see chris brackett's (arrow affliction) seminar. from buck to ducks...bowhunt everything </div></div> Teeroy I went to see Chris on Saturday morning, it was good to see a guy that just loves shooting a bow and hunting anything which was what his seminar was about. I talked to him for awhile at his booth and picked up a couple of his shirts. He just signed a big contract so he's going to be the guy to watch in the near future, he's a good down to earth guy. Love his show too.

Great show and lots to see.Where can you go and see so many huge white tails?It was great to see so many familiar faces.Met some new ones.And also renewed my IBA membership.

Top Bottom