Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zach Gallery Closing in 3 days, Old Buck heading back outdoors!

Old Buck

Life Member
I'm sure some of you have noticed that I've been posting on Iowa Whitetail less frequently the last few years. Part of that was due to the time demands of running a retail gallery. That will soon change.

Marcia and I are in the process of changing the way we run the business. In brief, we are closing the retail gallery and moving the business to the web. The gallery has been great for business but is also a bit like running a dairy farm (Marcia's brother's business). It takes a lot of attention, even on days the birds are flying, the bucks are rutting, and the fish are biting. We will still be doing a number of shows, conservation banquets, and open houses, just not at the gallery.

We are in the last 3 days of our Inventory Clearance Super Sale. Marcia and I both hate moving stuff so she is offering some incredible sale prices. Follow this link to read additional details on the sale, hours, discounts, etc: http://bit.ly/zwa-movingsale-iowawhitetail

I'm very excited about this change and am looking forward to dedicating a lot more time and energy to painting, research, travel, working on food plots, habitat development, and outdoor time in general. I'm sure I'll be seeing lots of you at future deer classics, conservation banquets and maybe even in the woods!

Larry, all your paintings are awesome and i can't wait to see the new ones. My dad was in the store just the other day and said he chated with you alittle bit as you were walking in and he was leaving. He is also a big fan, he has many of your prints that take up most of his wall space. Hope all goes well for the new web site business and happy painting can't wait to see em.

Your an amazing artist Larry! I hope all the best for you, kinda stinks about the gallery, that place is awesome :)

great to hear Larry!
Looking forward to seeing you around more!

:)

Be Well

Thanks guys. I've been blessed to be able to make a living while doing something I enjoy so much. A big part of that is all the great people I meet along the way who share many of the same passions.

Marcia (wife), Chris (son), Molly (canine sidekick) and I have only one day left on a 14 day straight run of being open from 10 am to 8 pm and we are getting exhausted. At least Molly and myself. Tomorrow, Sunday, will be our last day open at the gallery. At 8 pm or whenever the last friend leaves we'll be closing the door and turning of the 'open' sign for the last time at the Ankeny gallery.

We went through most of a tube of summer sausage today and I've got another one thawing in the frig for any one who can stop by tomorrow. We will also have several varieties of Iowa wines to sample. Stop in if you get a chance!

Old Buck

Last edited:
Enjoy that free time! Hope to see some more harvest forum pics.
2thumbs.gif

I stopped in on Saturday and got a canvas of "November Frost". Sad to see the store closing. Thanks a lot for everything Larry! (including the summer sausage) Hope this gives you more time to do the fun stuff!

Good luck Larry! I'll look forward to seeing you around the Albia neighborhood more often!! I love the "Foggy Morning Trio" that I have and look forward to seeing what you come up with next! Enjoy the new freedom!!

sad to see the store closing but we know where to find you! thanks for always supporting the outdoor community with your amazing talent!!

Good to hear that you will have more time researching and painting! Good luck with the online business!

Top Bottom