Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

venison btreakfast sausage

Iowa1

Looking for a little help here. ANyone have any good breakfast sausage recipe or know of a seasoning brand that is good? Looking for something not too hot. We have two deer down of our six for the three of us (me and my boys) and I am looking for something different this year. The boys won't eat it if it is very hot at all so I want something that goes good with eggs and hashbrowns kind of thing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I don't have the recipe your looking for. If worse comes to worse, you could try mixing a pound of ground deer with a pound of Jimmy Dean Hot (or the like) and it may dilute it down about right... Should really cut the amount of grease too. Just a thought...

JRBronc posted a link last year to website that had every kind of sausage creation a guy could want. i don't have time to sift through the old posts to find it so maybe he'll read this and give you some help.

Grind your venison 1 for 1 with maple bacon and then add some storebought seasoning. You'll cream yourself it's so good, although kinda pricy

Nothing fancy, but it's good. 70% venison, 30% smoked bacon tips and LEM products....Maple Breakfast Sausage Seasoning.

There is a kit I seen out at scheels made by High Mountain (i think).

I have tried there summer sausage kits, and there brat kit and everyone I know that tried it said it was awesome.

They are around 15-20 bucks and can usually make about 30lbs of finished product. Hope that helps :)

Top Bottom