Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Inexpensive Muzzy scope.

Scooonie

Putting a scope on my Optima and would like to get some info on what I should get. I'm a first year muzzy hunter so haven't had much trial and error so I'm here to get any advice as I can get. I would like something inexpensive but durable for my .50 cal. Thanks!

There were almost as many days I couldn't see through my scope last season, as days I could. I would be pretty picky when choosing a new scope for muzzleloader season since it will be going through torture. With ice, cold, breathing, etc. you are going to want something "fog proof" and something that has good scope covers. I don't know what kind or price range but that is what I would be looking for.

I personally believe you should by the most expensive glass that you can afford. The gun will only be as good as the glass. I have seen it countless times, guys go out and by a 1000 dollar rifle then put a cheap 40 dollar scope on it and they wonder why they can't see or hit crap. I would recommend a minimum of 3x9x40 don't go smaller than a 40mm objective or you will regret it.

I bought an Accura from cabelas with their 3-10 x40 powderhorn scope. Very impressed with the clarity and quality for the price. I have a cabelas scope on my old muzzleloader and it has taken lots of abuse and never let me down. I do agree with Liv, you should buy the best scope you can afford, sometimes I just have a hard time writing that check.

My Bushnell Banner 3x9x40 has been on two different guns a total of 6 years. Don't think you could go wrong there. I'll have the Nikon Omega BDC on my next muzz tho, they're friggin sweet!

Nikon all the way. IMO they are the best glass for the money. Your shooting a muzzleloader not a rifle, your not shooting quaters at 200+. A 3x9x40 will be fine.

depends on which Nikon 311 is talking about? the monarch and Omega series are good but the lower end scopes are just that. I put an Omega with the bdc on my pro hunter and ended up replacing it with a Leupold vx3, the adjustment knobs wouldnt move the crosshairs while sighting in. Granted this is strange from what Ive heard and the company said they would replace it no questions asked but I wasnt taking that chance. I ve been very happy with my leupolds and I have a couple of the Zeiss conquests, they are a great scope and relatively inexpensive. I do agree that a 3-9x40 is all you need on a muzzy. Good luck with your decision.

Scoonie, I have a nikon buckmaster on my muzzy. 3x9x40...great glass and holds up well. Think I spent 200 or 250 for it from Scheels a couple years ago.

Bushnell Elite 3200. Great scope for the price!

DITTO. I have two of them on ML's and never had any issues and one is13 or 14 years old.

FYI. Despite what than manufactures say, you don't have to buy a ML scope for a ML.

Also, what ever you get, buy some flip-up clear lens covers. Very very handy

Top Bottom