Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Binocular recommendations

I've got a pair of Zeiss 10x40 for the truck/scouting and some 8x32 for the stand. Love them bothe. The 8x32 are very good in low light and are small enough to fit in my coat pocket. I'm not big on compacts.

Binocs

Go to Ebay, you can get brand new Nikon Monarchs ATB's 10x36 for between $190 and $215 and no tax and usually free shipping.

Leoupold Mojave 10x42 You can find them at Optics Planet for $396 in Mossy Oak Treestand camo shipped to your door.

I spent about 2 hrs at Bass Pro looking through everything in the 300-800 Range... I thought they were the best... One thing I really like about them is they have a Positive lock on the diopter setting like the exspensive ones, this I think is a must... My last pair did not have this feature and they were always moving on me...

I have Nikon Monarchs as well...10X42 is what I ended up with. I also had a $50 rebate with mine. Best for the money for sure

I have the vortex Razor 10-42. A little heavy but very clear in daytime and low light. Another vote for Vortex as well.

Wow thanks for all the responses. As much as I loved my little 9x25 Leupolds I do think I'm leaning towards the Vortex Diamondbacks 10x42 right now. A little bigger but for the price what a bino. I also found a set of Stokes Talons in 10x42, which are made by Vortex that appear to be nearly the same as the Diamondback. Found them for $149, Diamondbacks are $229 on their website.
I just dont want to spend the kind of money it takes for a pair of Leica, Swarovski. Or I should say my wife doesnt want me to spend that kind of money. I tell her its only money and can only bring happiness, but she just wont listen.

Nikon monarch 8x42. Really good Binos. Didn't like the lens covers on the front so I got some Butler Creek scope covers that fit and slide them on. Now they're perfect. I do think they have a different lens cover now.

Well I ended up going with the Stokes Talons(Vortex) 10x42. WOW! They are all of that and then some. Thanks for all the input people.
Yesterday while I'm out hunting I got a picture text from my daughter. The pic was of my Leupold binos that "I lost", my wife found them, in my house under some papers. Damn did I feel stupid. But on the bright side I now have two very nice pair!

Top Bottom