Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW Iowa Buck

two_n_ia

Woke up this morning late and debated on going out or not. I decided to so about 6:45 I headed out to my stand. On the way there I run a couple does out of a partial picked corn field. I get to my stand and set up and let the woods calm down. I notice of in the distance some does and what looks to be a mature buck, but was to far off to no for sure. So as i am watching the deer out in the field I turn an there is this buck 30 yrds milling thur the timber. He starts to head my way and I know he is a shooter. So I grab my bow thinking he is going to walk right in front of my stand giving me a 15 yrd shoot. Instead he turns and goes to my right. He stopped at 20 yds behind some branches and I thought to myself this is going to happen. Well he took a couple more steps and I had a small opening right on his shoulder and I let him have it. He run about 30 yds and I watched him pile up.

I then tried to calm down a bit and made a call to my wife. I got down about 15 mins later and went and put my hands on him. Needless to say I am excited.
7553-09_bow_buck.jpg

Top Bottom