Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big 7

deerhunter93

Yesterday was my first hunt on a new farm that we got access to over the summer. My dad dropped me off at 5 a.m. and he and my brother went to our normal spot about 5 miles away. Going into this hunt I had no idea what to expect, I was thinking of it as more of an observation day just to get an idea on this farm had.
Walking in I saw two different 1.5 year old bucks, each with a doe. I hung my stand and got ready for the day. It was neat this morning because of the anticipation from hunting a new farm. It wasn't long before I had deer all over and some close. At 7:10 I saw a 110 inch eight pointer walk by at 70 yards. I had deer all around me from sunrise until 9:30. At 9:30 I looked behind me a saw a deer running, immediately I looked behind her for a buck and I saw a 120 inch eight point running. A minute later a 110 inch 6 point followed the same trail. From 9:30-3:30 I didn't see anything. 3:30 I had two does North of me. At 4:15 I looked behind me and saw antlers, a big seven pointer?! He was with a doe and she led him right past my tree at 20 yards. This whole time I was asking God to guide my arrow since I have missed a couple does already this fall. I let the arrow fly and it hit perfectly. I watched him go down within sight and I was pumped!
It was warm but they seemed to still be moving in the morning and in the evening. Good luck to everyone with a tag in their pocket still!
I just want to say thank you to my dad and the land owner for allowing us to hunt.

6487-dsc_0447_-_copy.jpg

6487-dsc_0435_-_copy.jpg

6487-dsc_0438_-_copy.jpg

Wicked bud, congrats!!!

We don't get daylight until 8:30..what time is sunrise down there?

Congrats again, very cool buck!

That's a great looking buck, and one heck of a way to start hunting new property!

Top Bottom