Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa hawkeyes

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
I only got to see the second half of the game, but I was very impressed with the play of the Hawkeye football team. Being a Gopher fan, I'm usually not cheering for Iowa, but they played very well and sealed the deal in the end. I was happy to see them win!

Even though it did not work, I liked the call (fake field goal) "between the legs". Now that is a "gutsy" call! They had a great season.

Talk about a defensive stomping.........I'm glad the offense had it going in the first half cause they faltered a bit in the second. All in all they looked great, hope they're celebrating today!

Really feel like Wegher got the burst of confidence he needed going into next year. Young backs and tons of talent returning next year. Good time to be a Hawk fan. :drink1:

Great Game - Way to go HAWKS!

I was especially impressed by Cool and the Gang and the backup dancers :grin:

About fell out of my chair on that "near" safety!

I can't believe they didn't get him down. Probably a good thing they didn't though. That might have changed the outcome a bit.

Great game and season.

They may be the only division I school whose football team wins more games than their basketball team.

NWBuck

Tell me how they are gonna use Wegher, Robinson and Hampton next year. Can Ken O'keefe come up with some decption/misdirection plays that involve two or all three? Do you play two and redshirt one? Is someone gonna be unhappy with a lack of PT? All three can start for most teams and it would suck to loose any of them.

Makles you wonder what the season would have looke like if Stanzi had been healthy in all the games.

WAy to go Hawks! ... and with most of the starters returning it looks like it is going to be a fun year next year too.

Now if they could get the BBall act together.

Congrats to the Hawkeyes! Great game!! I was cheering for them all the way. Any time a Big Ten team can kick a team from the south it is fun to watch. My Badgers did the same to Miami the week before!! Awesome!!

Tell me how they are gonna use Wegher, Robinson and Hampton next year. Can Ken O'keefe come up with some decption/misdirection plays that involve two or all three?

Wishbone? No...Stanzi isn't the guy to run that offense. I think it'll just be nice to have depth at that position and keep fresh legs carrying the ball all game long.

NWBuck

They have plenty of backs, and I think we will see some leave or be moved to other positions. Along with the one's mentioned you have Marcus Corker who has given a vebal comitment that is a 4 star from Maryland, Jayme Murphy who was a jr. this year, Jason White a redshirt fr.and Jeff Brinson a redshirt fr. also. Then I thought I heard that the rb from Solon was thinking of coming also,and he was one of the leading rushers in the state. With Bulaga leaving for the draft ( who can blame him after man handeling the ACC def. player of the year) and othe rgraduating on the off. line, I think that will be the area that will take some time to get the right players working together.

Congrats to the Hawks after a decisive win and also to hopefully the up
and coming Iowa State Cyclones after their win. Great time to be an Iowan.

Now if the Panthers can get back on track.

I kept waiting for them to blow the game open but it never really came, I felt like we were much better prepared then GT. Tough news losing Bulaga to the NFL, along with 3 other guys on the O-line (moeaki included). But, Ferentz is an O-line guy and I'm sure we have good talent in the shadows. Excited for next year, my biggest hope is Stanzi figures out his pick six issues...

GO HAWKS

I hope to see some depth at wide receiver and we will have to get some strength back at tight end. Who do we have stepping in for Angerer at lb position? This team doesn't get the full credit they deserve on the year. I am tired of listening to these comentators and so called analists always beating on us because we played from behind. A game is 40 minutes and it's not over till the clock has expired. Seems to me they should more emphasis on the teams we played not finishing games, we simply played the entire 40 minutes and refused to quit.
I also don't see the Georgia T quarterback being labled as just so. He is just another running back with little skill to throw the football. Doesn't look like NFL material to me.
I also believe alot of ACC teams will be using this game film to stop this triple option offense.
GO TOM BRANDS AND THE IOWA WRESTLING TEAM
Go HAWKS

i thought it was awesome! they only let that "fancy option" offence score 7 points the whole game. not quite what all the pre game experts said was going to happen.
go hawks!

Top Bottom