Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Bucks.

Here's mine, but I maybe a little biased.
th_0138.jpg

I love the Kent Petry buck out of Montana..I just love how the ends of the beams turn up, and its 199 typical score..I am terrible at pictures so I pry wont be posting one.....I am really a fan of any deer out there though...haha

KentPetryBuck-300.jpg

Love them all..................what are your guys thoughts on GROSS vs. NET score................i bet there's a ton of cool and narly GROSS bucks that aren't as publishized as these deer cause they didn't NET well.

Thoughts?

I personally think GROSS is my true score. NET's are for fish!

I was just going to mention the Gross vs Net thing but did not want to derail the thread, but since it has already been breached, I will say to keep this thread in mind (Especially the big Typicals) These are the ones that would take the hit on that argument and probably move way down the list and be replaced with some mismatched giant and a small amount of trash

Love them all..................what are your guys thoughts on GROSS vs. NET score................i bet there's a ton of cool and narly GROSS bucks that aren't as publishized as these deer cause they didn't NET well.

Thoughts?

I personally think GROSS is my true score. NET's are for fish!
Once you reach the quality of these bucks, Net is everything. I've always used the net score when referring to the score of deer I've killed then saying the inches of deductions to best describe the deer. I do this out of respect for hunters who have killed bucks that make it to the B/C book. IMO Gross score can be just as misleading as Net especially when it surpasses the B/C minumums. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one.:grin:

Here are a couple pics I took at the "Hall of Fame" collection in '08.

I think my #1 buck was/is the knife-handle buck and the story behind it. I'm trying to remember, but I think they had to recreate this correct?? So, I'm not sure if this is really what he looked like...nonetheless, impressive!

IMG_2262.jpg

Here are a couple others in which I have no story or history or name....just thought they are fun to look at, appreciate and enjoy! :way:

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

th_0138.jpg

One of my favorite non-typicals.

I happen to know of one that is half typical - half non-typical that I am kinda partial to also ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But it's no where close to being in the league with this group of classics.

Last edited:
4039-illinoisroadkill-300.jpg

My favorite growing up. The IL road kill. Hit by a car in 1965 in my home county. Driver was never known. Some of the original stocking.

Top Bottom