Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So what did you learn this year?

I’m sure you can use your bow for your early or late muzz tag. Just not during the shotgun seasons.
I wondered this too so I looked. A bow is not a legal method of take to fill a EM tag. Strange, I would have guessed it was. I was assuming that bigbukfevr meant he shot his buck with his bow on the first day of EM season, with bow tag which is of course open then.

For as long as I can remember you could never fill your early muzzleloader tag with a bow, gun only.

i shot him with my bow openin day of early muzz, i had both tags and intended to put my muzz tag on him so i could keep bow huntin but you cannot do that! i called the game wardern and made sure before i did and he said NO! in the early muzz season it either has to be a muzzleloading rifle or muzzleloading pistol, no exceptions. late season you can use just about anything.

1. Place stands for every wind (even E)
2. Rattle Bags do work (always used real horns and started carrying too much to stand so tried a rattle bag)...rattled and killed a 185 inch buck...............can't over-rattle though
3. Pay Attention Late Antlerless Season (young shed bucks look very very very close to a doe)
4. Tower blinds are the only way to go Late Season Muzzleloader
5. Have Fun............if it ain't fun don't do it
6. Do everything possible to get along with your neighbors............you have them for life
7. Think it, believe it, live it and it will happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

1. Don't pass a buck on the first day that you would shoot on the last. Learned that the hard way dumb dumb dumb.

2. Just because you have a lot of time to hunt doesnt always mean you are going to kill a better buck than the year before.

3. Don't plan your rut vacation 8 weeks in advance. If possible wait till you see a weather forecast that isnt highs in the upper 70's and hunt then.

I learned several things.Actually a few I already knew but had them reenforced.
#1 You can learn a lot more from missed opportunties or screw ups than you ever learn from harvesting a deer.
#2 The more time you spend deer hunting is less time you spend worrying about other things...the economy..job security...family matters..etc..etc
#3 If you enjoy deer hunting the way you should...you can have a great season without harvesting anything.
#4 I had a hunting buddy diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last summer.The Dr. told him if he had anything he wanted to do or anyplace he wanted to go he had better do them soon.He asked if he would make it to deer saeson.The Dr. told him no.So...I learned to be thankful for every deer season you get.

Top Bottom