Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Habitat Contest

dbltree

Super Moderator
Our new sponser, Big Rock Trees has offered up a couple prizes for a fun contest here on IW.

We would like to invite everyone to post their favorite habitat picture here in this thread and then OneCan (Chris Lane) and John Walton of BRT's and myself will eventually vote on two winners.

The winners will be allowed to select $50 worth of products from BRT's

Post your best picture of a food plot, tree or NWSG planting or any form of habitat project.

I think it will be fun to share pictures and perhaps some ideas and perhaps win some more habitat improvments from Big Rock Trees! :way:

Big Rock Trees

If you don't know how to post pics, email me at dbltree2000@yahoo.com and I'll post the pic in you post.

If you haven't registered to post on IW...no time like the present!

Chris, John and I will not enter any pics...good luck everyone...:)

Sounds like fun... Here's my favorite:

6529_116414654608_500039608_1929500_8365441_n.jpg

Here's another pic of the same plot from a deer stand.
25549_347962044608_500039608_3342858_8002437_n.jpg

I'm not in the contest - but I thought I would share a couple of my favorites anyway:

picture.php

I call this "Apple Valley" because my orchard is at the top of this draw. My deer pounded these brassicas before they ever saw frost :mad:

picture.php

This one is from a couple winters ago. I had ~35 acres logged to create a jungle for the deer. Its starting to thicken up and the deer are loving it!

-John

Prolly not my favorite...but I think it's proof that we are getting somewhere on our doe harvest plan and providing enough food year around.

This is our 5 acre standing corn field that has been devestated every year till this year. For the last 3 years we have taken 7-10 does off this property. Maybe we are starting to getting the numbers under control. :D It seems in this area doe control is catching on. :way: This pic was taken on Feb. 28, 2010. This was also free, year old, RR corn seed.

Last edited:
here is a cool picture of those soybeans and corn after a heavy frost! pretty sweet I think.

misc5.jpg

how many pictures can one person add? and when does the contest end?

I think we'll run it til the end of the month and that will allow time for the two winners to order from Big Rock Trees in April .

Post as many as you want...it's fun to see everyones projects! :way:

Top Bottom