Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

**switchgrass seeding plan for this year**

ryang

Well, right now ten acres is in rr Beans. We're going with this mixture
Cave-In-Rock Switchgrass – 4 PLS lbs/ac
Forestburg Switchgrass – 1 PLS lb/ac
Dacotah Switchgrass – 1 PLS lb/ac
Purple Prairie Clover – 1 PLS lb/ac

I guess we're going to be using plateau and approx. 2oz./acre

Doubletree...and all you switchgrass advocates how does this mixture sound?

Located in NorthEastern South Dakota.

The seed will be drilled in sometime in late May hopefully not later but we're prob. going to have some flooding issues.

Thanks for any comments.

Well, right now ten acres is in rr Beans. We're going with this mixture
Cave-In-Rock Switchgrass – 4 PLS lbs/ac
Forestburg Switchgrass – 1 PLS lb/ac
Dacotah Switchgrass – 1 PLS lb/ac
Purple Prairie Clover – 1 PLS lb/ac

I guess we're going to be using plateau and approx. 2oz./acre

Doubletree...and all you switchgrass advocates how does this mixture sound?

Located in NorthEastern South Dakota.

The seed will be drilled in sometime in late May hopefully not later but we're prob. going to have some flooding issues.

Thanks for any comments.

I have never used that mix but I see no reason why it won't work for you. CIR is well adapted to lowlands with some flooding issues so it should work fine.

Plateau is usally safe to use at up to 4 ounces per acre on switch but weed control is not the greatest at lower rates...keep us posted on how the mix and the Plateau works for you...:way:

If you were going to plant switch in an area where a small river will most def. overrun it's banks, how would you go about seeding it??
I'd like to drill it in over the RRbeans in the fall, but I don't want to waste a lot of money on seed that will just wash downstream.

If you were going to plant switch in an area where a small river will most def. overrun it's banks, how would you go about seeding it??
I'd like to drill it in over the RRbeans in the fall, but I don't want to waste a lot of money on seed that will just wash downstream.

If you drill it the seed shouldn't wash away unless the soil does..;)

I'd have concerns about Plateau supressing the clover component of the mix. Otherwise, sounds good.

Top Bottom