Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Small Burnet

ironwood

I have seen very little or no discussion of small burnet here. I was hoping to include some in this spring’s frost seeding and I was not very encourage as I started looking into it further. My intentions where to frost seed all of my brassica plots from last fall into a mix of Alice white, chicory and small burnet.

Any experience with the small burnet frost seeded out there?

http://www.gardenguides.com/taxonomy/small-burnet-sanguisorba-minor/<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
I planted some seed from one of our sponsers (AWH) that I beleive has Small Burnett in it but I fall seeded it and don't know anything about it yet.

I'm curious if others have tried it or tried frost seeding it to boot? ;)

I have had it in my clover mix (ladino, jumbo ladino, alice, starfire) for the last 3 years and it is holding on pretty good. I spring planted it maybe mixed a little on the lighter side. Deer do eat it and has a cucumber like smell when you crush the leaf. Grows well on drier; sandier soils too.

We planted a small plot of it by itself last year. We didn't put an exclusion cage on it and it didn't do real well. So, maybe the deer kept it mowed or it doesn't grow much. This year so far there is very little if any growth so far. It was just one of those little trial plots...no great loss!:D

Top Bottom