Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Throat punched one in Nebraska

Limb Chicken

This one got the bullhead to the throat at 10 steps... Story later. Tired... :D

DSC03550.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03561.jpg

Nice work Chicken...... Nothin' like puttin' the hammer down early!

GIT R DUN

Congrats!!!!!! Those Dave Smith Decoys are the real deal:drink2: I have your setup, minus the breeder hen, they are hard to come by this spring. Dealers have them on back order.

Thanks guys!

Don't have to be beautiful if you hide in a tent... :D

Don,
I really don't know. I like the breeder hen but I think the decoy is not very visible unless in a bean field or pasture. If I was forced to buy three it would be the jake, feeder and the upright.

The hunt took place on a day that the wind was blowing 25 to 35 mph. Not ideal conditions for sure. We found a spot that was out of the wind and has held a lot of turkeys in the past. Put the blind up and waited, and waited... and waited. About 4.5 hours into the sit and not a turkey in sight. It was starting to keep the confidence up but really had decided earlier that this was going to be the spot until fly up. 5:30 pm rolls around and I hear the faint sound of leaves crunching. Look out of the blind and five steps from the blind is a hen, glanced again and this joker was in tow. Snacky Smith got the camera rolling and I grabbed my bow and drew back and waited all I could. The tom turned towards me and I put the throat punch to him with the bullhead. Dropped like a bag of hammers. Game over. Video is really good. Shannon did a great job for the first time he has had a video in his operation.

Had another great trip to Nebraska. Scott was unable to go do to a new addition in his home. So Shannon and I had to do the duty this time. Shannon had an arrow drop off his string with two toms shoulder to shoulder 7 steps from the blind and rushed his shot a bit when i was able to get his arrow back on his string he let er eat and missed his mark. Love the state, love the people and love the turkeys... :way:

And old southfork turned 40... :D :drink2:

LC, I talked with John(GSLAM95) on the phone today too, and he says that he didn't even order any breeders for his shop, because of what you said, and he feels the same. He has his upright on a special stake system, and he pulls on a fish line and the decoy goes up and down, as if standing and then going back to the breeding position. I am glad I got my entire collection of Dave Smiths with this new A.C.E. technology, as they are hard to get. Dealers, like I said, have been slow to get them. Scheels were able to get several shipments in. I will use what you have in your pic, plus a pretty boy with real feathers, and I also have a pretty girl with real wings on her, if I feel the need to bring a breeder deke out. I am not going to throw another $119 out for that DSD breeder deke. Thanks, for the info, and glad you had fun. When arrowing these birds, a great deke spread is what it takes at times to hold a birds attention long enough,to get him in close, so that you can get an arrow off. Guys can use their cheapo dekes and charcoal bags, but you and I know a better way for the bow hunter:way:

Matt, sounds like you guys had another fun and successful hunt. Looking forward to seeing the video. Congrats

Kratz

Top Bottom