Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mineral and feeding ban:

People were dying as a result of not wearing their seatbelts. No proof that any deer have or will die from mineral licks. Poor example. This is a ridiculous proposal and should go away.

The experts say "Seatbelt save live". And people have come to believe that over the years.The experts also are saying that banning mineral licks will save the deer herd.Why is it so hard to believe them on this.Most of the ones that are so against banning mineral licks have no real clue what effect it will have on deer in 5 or 10 years.
I really don't have a dog in this fight because I don't use mineral lick or and kind of baiting to get cam pics.And I get 2000 pics per year.So it really don't matter to me if the law passed or not.I wouldn't be effected one way or another.
INHO what the should happen is....the experts should come out with proof that mineral licks are a bad thing and DO cause CWD and put it our to the public and allow them to make their own decisions on what they do instead of making it a law without proof.

Is there data that proves CWD is spread through mineral stations or feeding? Guess I figured it had a lot more to do with a deer riding on a trailer from Colorado to Wisconsin than anything I put on the ground.

I'd love to see it also....

I'd venture a guess that if there was concrete evidence supporting it, then the bill would've passed. As of right now, nobody can prove to me that mineral licks do any harm whatsoever, so I'm going to continue to use them to Improve the deer herd.

so I'm going to continue to use them to Improve the deer herd

Just to do the devil's advocate thing....

How do you see them as having "improved" the deer herd? Just curious as I cannot imagine the deer in Ia with the fertile soils and abundance of food to be lacking much in comparison to most other parts of NA.

Now that this debate is back,,I must say again, these diseases seem to always be linked to,"Captive", deer. Talk about unatural conditions. Why are these deer farms and hunting ranches not banned? In an Ag;, state like Iowa, does anyone really think that some salt put on the ground or some corn sprinkled around, greatly increases deer, nose to nose, to mouth, to butt contact? With untold acres of manmade feed they all share, and untold cattle licks they all share. A few hunters are a threat,,really,,it does not compute.

Top Bottom