Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ground sterlizer

Shovelbuck

Not really too much WT management but I'll put it here.
I have a small area behind my garage that I want nothing growing all this year. What is something good that I can get to do that with? I've heard Roundup needs to be re applied after a rain. I want one application.

If you really wanted one spraying, man, that atrazine better be HEAVY! I'd maybe do 2 sprayings, round-up with atrazine when it greens up and maybe another shot when it wears off in summer. Could mix some Oust with that too possibly. I'm sure others will have other ideas BUT I'd just say you're looking at 2 round-up/Atrazine combo sprayings. (Legal in IA is 2.2 quarts per acre of atrazine BUT if you're allowed- 4-5 would be great if you want to spray less frequently).

I use a product called Sahara for bare ground sterilization. You may have to talk with someone who sprays lawns commercially to get what you are looking for. My turf products catalog also lists Krovar and Pramitol.

Lowes, TSC and probably Walmart sells a product called Ground Clear and it will do exactly what you want it to do.

Guy who takes care of baseball diamond for school uses the sahara and says it works great, just be careful where you spray it.

Top Bottom