Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Cese Drops the Hamma

Limb Chicken

I have a spot that is my ace in the hole and is now reserved for my turkey hunting buddy of 22 years. Approaching 70 years old he still gets after it. I cherish every minute in the blind with my Dad. I am very fortunate to be able to still spend time with the man that introduced me to hunting at the young age of 5 when I followed him to the marsh with my single shot nickel plated H&R .410 with one shell in my pocket.

He is always waiting when I get to his house. In the driveway with his bags and gun ready. I tease him and ask if he has been there all night and we are on our way. This spot doesn't always hold a lot of birds but there is no pressure at all and is is very secluded and an easy walk. Although I think he could walk further than I can it is still nice... :D

Set up, wind blowing and gobbles in the distance but nothing really close. About 7:45 am a hen appears marches straight to the decoys, struts, bumps and is on her way. The next he emerges from the same spot and comes to the spread on a b-line as well. Only she sticks around, preens, eats and comes back. About 8:20 another hen appears and with tommy longbeard in tow. She proceeds to give him the slip and he falls in love with the hen that fell in love with our decoys... :D I give her a holla holla back and back she comes bringing tommy longbeard to his dirtnap blizzard mixed up by Big Cese himself. It still gets him charged up when he shoots a bird and he really likes it when we are done early... :D I only hope I am able to be waiting outside with the lights on, bags and bow and my son teases me about being outside waiting all night. Congrats buddy!

10.jpg

That's one of the best storie ever! My dad got me into hunting and turkey hunting was our favorite thing to do together when we weren't catfishing down below Redrock. Awesome job to you and your dad!!!

Doesn't get any better than that! Congrats Big Cese! Pictures like that you will cherish forever Big Chicken. :way:

Time does get small and it sure is hard to watch your parents get old. We'd all be blessed to have a day like that. Congrats on the bird.:way:

Congrats to you and your dad! I love turkey hunting with my dad as well, only now it's usually me that goes out, rounds up the permission and finds the birds. Considering he did that for me for all those years I don't mind it a bit. Awesome photo!

-Longspurs-

Great story. Having a dad who turned 69 this past April 9th, this only makes me a little more appreciative of each turkey season we get to share...because none of us is promised tomorrow!

I've already had some success with archery gear in both Kansas and Nebraska, so my goal now is to watch my dad whack one in Missouri, along with my two oldest daughters.

Tell your dad congratulations.

MO

Quote:
"I only hope I am able to be waiting outside with the lights on, bags and bow and my son teases me about being outside waiting all night."

I pray for the same as well Matt! What an amazing blessing to still be sharing your passion with the man that planted the seed in you so many years ago. Cherish every second. Congrats to both of you.:way:

Top Bottom