Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Savage smokeless discontinued?

hillrunner

PMA Member
I read this on another forum, does anyone know if this is true? I ordered one a few weeks back and it has been back ordered. I'm now starting to wonder if it will ever come.
When I ordered it most places were out of stock. I searched and finally found a site that claimed they had them in stock (which was untrue) so I ordered. I was hoping to use it for my LO gun tag, now I will be happy if it makes it for late muzzy.

Unfortunately I think its true....I just read about a few other places and heard from a friend who is a friend of Ron Coburn(CEO Savage) that the rumor is true the ML II is no longer being produced. we currently own three and I wish I had more. Once you get them lined out they are just awesome and deadly.

If you can, find a used one. Look on Gunbroker.com or some of the other websites. It's an awesome muzzleloader. Long range gun and very accurate!

Savage ML

Send JNRBRONC a PM, I think he may have one for sale?
peepwall.gif

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=1082
stirpot.gif

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Sadly it's true... I picked up a laminated one this summer and it is incredible! Out of the box, mounted a quality scope, Win 209, 44 grs VV N110 and a Horn 250gr FXT and it's shooting sub 1" (3/4") five shot groups at a 100.... Oh and that would be w the black MMP high pressure sabot. This is with zero load development... I want to move the powder up and down a bit and try a CCI 209M primer.

They only go boom with operator error... They don't like to be double loaded. People put them away loaded one day. Pull them out another and load them again stacking another powder charge and bullet on top of the orginal. To much pressure and they bulge or split. If you use wittness marks on the ram rod you can avoid all this. People get distracted, and its easy to do...

Here's a link to Randy Wakeman's site. http://randywakeman.com/Savage_Ceases_10ML_Production.htm

Last edited:
Top Bottom