Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tresspaser

It's a Trojan Horse! DO NOT reply to him! If there is sponsorship, a career, and a whole lotta of money involved in this case, this is going to trial. If there is anything on this thread that can be used in his defense, it will be used. You've got the photos. Don't give any more info out that relates to the case.

Since you think you need to come here and clear your name please answer
what was previously asked about your lack of orange.
Maybe he saw a coyote and being the good samaritan his is, chased after it to protect the deer herd!

If you believe that, ive got some hunting land to sell that has four 200"+ bucks on them ;)

Last edited:
Hey trespasser you still haven't answered the questioms listed above and I have one more question:

If you were just walking around on a nice day why did you have your hand cannon out of the holster?

It appears from Dbltrees website that he puts alot of time, money and sweat equity into his land. So what is the problem if he wants to keep other hunters off his land?

You just need to admit that you screwed up big time and that this will haunt you for a long, long time. Your response in this thread just makes you look worse.

Great thread and keep us posted as to what the outcome of the situation is.

Yes, I am the one in the pics, my story is rather simple, it was a beautifull day and I wanted to get out somewhere. I was just walking around the woods, thecking things out, I had never set foot on any of this property in my life. about 11 days later I got a call from a friend, he said that a guy had pics of me trespassing, I said that it must be a mistake, send me the pic, as soon as I got it and figured out about where I was at that time, it was clear that I had indeed went one area to far to the north. Within hours of learning this I e-mailed the landowner and told him of my error. I gave him a sincer appoligy and guarenteed him that it would never happen again. His reply was to call me a lier and he had a large story of all the things that I could have been doing wrong. I told him That I was sorry, and that I was pretty disapointed in myself for not paying more attention when I was told where I could go. It was a simple mistake, the moment that I learned of my mistake I stood up, came forward and informed the landowner, what else could I do, I didn't make up a story about tracking a wounded animal onto his land, I told the truth, thats the only way I know, anyone that knows me I am sure will understand, It seems a lot of people on here just can't wait to put people down. Tell me, I didn't plan on trespassing but it happened, what would you do, and how would you like to be treated if it was a honest mistake like me. I have never been on this site or posted a pic of any of my game like this man has said, many other things he has said are not true also. Just remember that his goal is to make as much out of this so that nobody else will want to get anywhere near his neck of the woods.

LMFAO! That's got to be the biggest crock of shit I've ever read. I'd love to hear the "excuse" for no orange and carrying a gun during deer season.

Like the old saying goes "its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

With the easy access to landowner plots and aerial photo's (Beacon) there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not knowing where you are at ANY time you are hunting. If there is any question, stop turn around and leave.

Safety alone requires us to be just as diligent as knowing where we are as it does knowing what's behind what you are shooting at.

Any hunter who was really just going for a walk during a firearm season would be smart enough to put on blaze. In your case you did not plus were pulling out a firearm. Man up and admit you WERE INTENTIONALLY TRESSPASSING!

Last edited:
Yes, I am the one in the pics, my story is rather simple, it was a beautifull day and I wanted to get out somewhere. I was just walking around the woods, thecking things out, I had never set foot on any of this property in my life. about 11 days later I got a call from a friend, he said that a guy had pics of me trespassing, I said that it must be a mistake, send me the pic, as soon as I got it and figured out about where I was at that time, it was clear that I had indeed went one area to far to the north. Within hours of learning this I e-mailed the landowner and told him of my error. I gave him a sincer appoligy and guarenteed him that it would never happen again. His reply was to call me a lier and he had a large story of all the things that I could have been doing wrong. I told him That I was sorry, and that I was pretty disapointed in myself for not paying more attention when I was told where I could go. It was a simple mistake, the moment that I learned of my mistake I stood up, came forward and informed the landowner, what else could I do, I didn't make up a story about tracking a wounded animal onto his land, I told the truth, thats the only way I know, anyone that knows me I am sure will understand, It seems a lot of people on here just can't wait to put people down. Tell me, I didn't plan on trespassing but it happened, what would you do, and how would you like to be treated if it was a honest mistake like me. I have never been on this site or posted a pic of any of my game like this man has said, many other things he has said are not true also. Just remember that his goal is to make as much out of this so that nobody else will want to get anywhere near his neck of the woods.

That's fine, I like a good stroll through the woods on a beautiful day too. However, taking a stroll trough the woods doesn't involve packing a pistol that can take out an elephant. If you really had no ill intentions then why were you packing a weapon? What could you possibly be pursuing with a weapon like that? Coyotes?? :D You say you've never been in this area before, why didn't you study some topographic maps before to know your boundaries? You just sound like an irresponsible individual who is failing to man up to a bad decision. What sucks the most is dbltree manages the hell out of his land all year long only to have someone like you walk through it in the middle of muzzleloader season, potentially screwing it up for days or even weeks.

Trespasser

Gost: Your trespassing event, happened on the same day that I received an e-mail from a local Iowa resident that I gave hunting rights to my property in SC Iowa. I had sent an e-mail asking if he had any problems with trespassers this fall. His response was...during the December gun season, trespassers were all over your farm....boot tracks, tire tracks, several parties walked your farm despite (no hunting signs). One hunter even sat in an existing ground blind (left trash) and then shot a deer at less than 30 yards (gut pile/blood).

The neighbor said that he saw the vehicles but was hesitant to turn them in because he knows them! Now I am a NR, and many do not like NR landowners... but it is not an excuse to trespass. Next year, I will have to have a presence during the shotgun season. I did have a fairly large buck shot off the property as well, confirmed by a neighbor...it was a broken up 170 inch deer with great potential.

My point is, I think Dbltree did exactly what he should have...for taking this to the full extent of the law. How else would he get this to stop. Trespassing/poaching is a major problem in parts of Iowa. What do you suggest as an alternative? Let it fly, and hope it doesn't happen again?

I am not sure what the penalty for you will be, but just pay it and learn your lesson. Maybe stick to archery, sounds like you are one heck of a shot..you shouldn't need to trespass.

If you were just walking around on a nice day why did you have your hand cannon out of the holster?

Doesn't everybody carry one of those to protect themselves from Mountain Lions when on a nature walk?

Gost:
Who were you waiting for on the gravel road?

Unfortunately for you Dbltree is a class act and his word is the truth.

I also can not blame him for not wanting anyone being on his land. I have had lost individuals on my land also but with your reputation I can not believe that you would be so careless?

I am not gonna pass judgement but please answer some of the questions
that were presented to you if what you said was the truth in your earlier post.

Thank you.

I dont think that there are any conflict between you and Dbltree... seems to be between you and the LAW

TRESPASSER:

The only thing worse in your judgment than trespassing and poaching is coming here with a bogus attempt to place character downfalls on Dbltree. Most here would happily support the DNR taking as powerful actions as possible towards you and other POACHERS; however, if you make this a personal thing with this property owner you will probably run into a list of people more than eager to support dbletree in that manner as well.
Poor poor judgment Trespaser.

Good work Dbletree…..Let the message be heard both far and near. :way::way:

I'm sure any actual fines (trespassing, failure to wear oragnge, etc,) will be minimal so I do hope that this guy does feel some backlash from sponsors.

I don't know how much he really receives in sponsorships, that might be minimal too. If anybody has any knowledge of who his potential sponsors are I'm sure there are a few forum members that would like to know so they can jot off a few e-mails.

I also hope that anyone who knows him lets him know their opinion on the matter when they see him at shoots.

I don't know Dbltree personally but I have seen him sharing an extensive amount of information on here and have no doubt that he has put a lot of hard work into his property and should justifiably be outraged by this trespasser's actions. I'm sorry to hear that his neighbor is involved as well, doesn't make for good relations.

Just imagine what the state would be like without the use of trail cameras.Agentleman from pennsylvania that owns a farm next to me has had 4 different pictures of trespassers this year,I helped him to identify 1 of them.Plus we wouldnt have all the awesome pictures on the trail cam forum without the cameras.

You only get one reputation, and I would say Mr. Goddard's just became somewhat worthless.

I'm glad you were able to catch him on your trail cam dbltree. I also think you were lucky that it was daylight hours. We have a different kind of seedy character around my neck of the woods. They prefer to hunt at night. The flash of the trail cam just tips them off to where it is at, and it will no longer be there when you return. This has happened to me three times in as many years. All three had a 3/8 python lock on them. And one of them was even infrared.

Goddard:: If you ever want to call yourself a man again then you need to take responsibility for your actions, ask for forgiveness, and learn from your mistake. God is humbling you, talk to Him about it.

Goddard:: If you ever want to call yourself a man again then you need to take responsibility for your actions, ask for forgiveness, and learn from your mistake. God is humbling you, talk to Him about it.
I agree! we all make mistakes in life and hopefully learn from them mistakes.But to me there is nothing worse than someone lying about it and trying to make others look like dummies by believing it.Deal with the consequences and move on.Im guessing you are a smart man and new what you were doing.If i caught a trespasser i would rather they just told me the truth.If you were just taking a walk do you live next to this farm.If so i am pretty sure you know the property lines.

I've been only watching this thread til now. I would guess the accused has logged some time in the woods. For any serious bowhunter that's a given. If that's true, then you should have had a pretty good idea that you was not on property you had permission to be on, so I'm not sure I buy the "I went to far north" story. Either way, common courtesy and hunters ettiquett (sp) before hand may not have gotten you permission to hunt there but you might have made a friend instead. I hope you truely are sorry and not just sorry you got caught.

I've been only watching this thread

There is really nothing for me to say that hasn’t already been said.

However, I have never understood how someone could enjoy hunting while having to watch over their shoulder all the time. :eek:

And then there is the matter of looking in the mirror while shaving…. :(

Top Bottom