Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sf 219

ElkHunter

Life Member
SF 219- Gives non residents landowners with 80 continuous acres or more one any sex deer tag and one doe tag. This is a guaranteed tag every year.
Please contact Sen. Bartz and let him know your views on this subject. PLEASE be polite and respectful. I understand there will be a companion bill coming out of the house sponsored by Rep. Rayhons, a phone call or email to him would be very beneficial. If your Senator or Representative is on the Natural Resource Committee an email to them would be a good idea. You can click on persons name and it will take you to a new email.
Please be polite and respectful.
Sen. Bartz information
merlin.bartz@legis.state.ia.us
641-903-9548 Cell

Rep. Rayhons
henry.rayhons@legis.state.ia.us
515-281-3221

> Here's the bill SF 219, NON-RESIDENT DEER HUNTER LICENSES by Bartz. It may be
> viewed at:
> http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/Cool-ICE/default.asp?Category=billinfo&Service=Billbook&menu=false&ga=84&hbill=SF219

Senate Natural Resource Members
Dick L. Dearden (D, District 34), Chair
Dennis Black (D, District 21), Vice Chair
James F. Hahn (R, District 40), Ranking Member
Jerry Behn (R, District 24)
Joe Bolkcom (D, District 39)
Shawn Hamerlinck (R, District 42)
Tom Hancock (D, District 16)
Robert M. Hogg (D, District 19)
Tim L. Kapucian (R, District 20)
Amanda Ragan (D, District 7)
Brian Schoenjahn (D, District 12)
Dr. Joe M. Seng (D, District 43)
Kent Sorenson (R, District 37)
House Natural Resource Members
Henry V. Rayhons (R, District 11), Chair
Jeff Smith (R, District 6), Vice Chair
Curt Hanson (D, District 90), Ranking Member
Richard D. Arnold (R, District 72)
Clel Baudler (R, District 58)
Joel Fry (R, District 95)
Mary Gaskill (D, District 93)
Bob Hager (R, District 16)
Chris Hall (D, District 2)
Dan Kelley (D, District 41)
Mark Lofgren (R, District 80)
Steven F. Lukan (R, District 32)
Jim Lykam (D, District 85)
Helen Miller (D, District 49)
Dan Rasmussen (R, District 23)
Sharon S. Steckman (D, District 13)
Annette Sweeney (R, District 44)
Phyllis Thede (D, District 81)
James Van Engelenhoven (R, District 71)
Guy Vander Linden (R, District 75)
John Wittneben (D, District 7)

Nice, both are from north central Iowa, and have no clue what the state wide impacts will be, especially in the "deer country" of eastern and southern Iowa.

I'm sure some legislators form the NE or SE could come up with some great ideas for managing the black dirt of these two's districts!

Well if the supplemental feeding ban got the response it did
from the IW members I cant wait to see the responses on this. :drink1:

Here is a point that needs to be made. Some of the nonresidents already own several hundred acres and others will buy several hundred acres. They will divide and parcel the farms into 80 acre parcels with partners, and or family members. So, now the kids, the wife, etc, etc, will also be getting tags every year and there will be a law enforcement nightmare for our CO's. Not to mention the fact that most good deer hunting ground will be locked down from free permission hunting and our residents will be the big losers.

huntemup, My e-mails were almost word for word with your post. If baiting is an enforcement problem, this will be an absolute nightmare.

I think the word "gives" is a little mis-leading.... There is a $1000 a year fee each year you would elect to participate.... Would you rather see this or more NR licenses if you had to choose?

I was thinking the same thing M2I when I read it. Atleast this would force people to OWN land to get the tag. It's not a great solution, but I personally would rather see this then an increase in NR tags for any NR. If that happened I believe you would have to worry about loss of land access a lot more than this alternative. There are alot of farmers and Landowners that will lease and retain ownership, but I don't know very many people that will outright sell.

Should be interesting, SCARY times in IOWA boys!

Keep sending those emails!

Emails sent to my reps in the committee. I don't want to see any change period! I don't believe that this would be the end of it. Once they get one major change like this past the flood gates will open and the good thing we have going here in Iowa will be over.

I was thinking the same thing M2I when I read it. Atleast this would force people to OWN land to get the tag. It's not a great solution, but I personally would rather see this then an increase in NR tags for any NR. If that happened I believe you would have to worry about loss of land access a lot more than this alternative. There are alot of farmers and Landowners that will lease and retain ownership, but I don't know very many people that will outright sell.

Should be interesting, SCARY times in IOWA boys!

Keep sending those emails!

They will if the price is right and if the NR's can hunt it every year they'll bid the prices up high enough you'll see a lot more farmers than you think cashing out.

This gets their foot in the door and then a leg and before you know it they're throwing the door off the hinges and it's a sad day for Mr. Average Iowa Hunter.

OK, I'm new here but I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I mean the feeding ban thread went 40 pages and this thread only has 2. I hope that means everyone is busy contacting their reps. Maybe they've been out shed hunting?
On a more positive note one of my Reps. actually responded to my email and told me he would not support it.

mplane72-
I agree 100%. I thought this would get a lot more attention?!? Maybe change the name of the thread? Although most members probably check the new stuff daily, so where is everyone??

I too have sent off email. For any hoping to buy hunting land or add to an existing property this could change things radically as far as the cost. Living and working in Iowa can make it difficult to compete with higher incomes outside of our state. :mad:

SF 219- Gives non residents landowners with 80 continuous acres or more one any sex deer tag and one doe tag. This is a guaranteed tag every year.
Please contact Sen. Bartz and let him know your views on this subject. PLEASE be polite and respectful. I understand there will be a companion bill coming out of the house sponsored by Rep. Rayhons, a phone call or email to him would be very beneficial. If your Senator or Representative is on the Natural Resource Committee an email to them would be a good idea. You can click on persons name and it will take you to a new email.
Please be polite and respectful.

My senator is on the committee and I sent him my thoughts about this one. Thanks Randy and the IBA for keeping us up to date about these propsals.

I have tomorrow off from work, I hope to spend the day talking with these committee members?

Top Bottom