Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Climbing Sticks

Adventure

I am entertaining the idea of purchasing a set of climbing sticks for next archery season. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience using them and what brand/model do you prefer?

Seems pretty cut and dry. Any thoughts as to how they compare to the Muddy climbing sticks. I see Muddy's sticks have steps on both sides versus alternating sides.

Ttt
muddys set has steps both sides and gets you a little higher
Lonewolfs lighter
Anybody try both??

I would consider adding one or two muddy sticks to my pack to compliment the LW sticks. I would never consider using them as a replacement. I would also ditch the LW buckel strap for a URC rope first thing strait out of the box.

Lonewolf all the way. They are the same size as the gorrilla stick but weigh a lb less per stick, 4lb total.

Muddys get you lower. You would need approximately 6 muddy sticks to equal 4 lonewolfs. Plus they are heavier.

Muddy for running and gunning, LW's for leaving. I designed the Muddy's but still use both. Muddy's are faster and quieter for doing quick run and gun sets (and connect to the harness for easy setting). Most of my stands have 2 or 3 LW's on the top, and I pull 2 Muddy's from the bottom when I leave. Helps prevent treestand theft and also allows your sticks to go farther.

I would consider adding one or two muddy sticks to my pack to compliment the LW sticks. I would never consider using them as a replacement. I would also ditch the LW buckel strap for a URC rope first thing strait out of the box.
2 Muddy sticks with 3 or 4 Lone wolf sticks is the ultimate way to go IMO. When Hanging the stand and climbing in and out the tree, the Muddys are great because of how the steps work. Both are great sticks, both have their advantages. If I had to choose one over the other, I would go with a 5 stick Lone Wolf setup outfitted with UCR's.

I use a set of 4 lone wolf sticks and love them. I have never tried the muddy sticks but they look like they would work well.

Please explain what ucr stands for
Thanks
UCR= Utility Constrictor Rope
A guy on Archey Talk makes and sells them. They are amazing. A few of us figured out how to make our own.
ZA-constrictor-7.jpg

Top Bottom