Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DSD May have some Competition

I do not believe the Avian X is like a baloon. You simply blow them up to pop out thier form. You could blow them up, pop a hole in it and it will not crumple like a baloon. It is no different than my HS Strut decoys except on those they have a open cavity and you take your hand and press out the body until it pops into shape. These things are hard rubber and will not crumple when air is out of them.

Supposedly they have have shot these decoys and they still maintained their form. Where it would get tricky is if you had a ton of holes it would be a little tougher to blow up to pop the form out. This is where it would be nice if you could get your hand in it to pop it out but then it wouldn't look as good.

Since they are a heavy duty material I wonder if it would be tougher to blow them up on a cold morning?

Since they are a heavy duty material I wonder if it would be tougher to blow them up on a cold morning?

Someone have one.....throw it in the freezer or fridge for two hours and than video your self blowing it up:D:D:way:

Someone have one.....throw it in the freezer or fridge for two hours and than video your self blowing it up:D:D:way:

I'd just like to see someone standing in the dark blowing up a decoy! (Be better if we can call you......"DEBBIE") :D:D:way:

Anyone use the inflatable duck decoys? If they have, this should answer alot of questions.

If you haven't, I'll fill you in. They have awesome movement on water, but a couple dozen of them won't make it through a hard duck season. And if there is no way possible to patch them up, once the seam came apart, or a flying bb went into them.

These are much different than inflatable duck decoys. The inflatable duck decoys I have used are almost like a very flexible rubber that collapses with no air pressure. These are hard ridgid plastic. If they pop out, they won't pop back in. Who knows, I will stick with my DSDs for now. :) I will just make Muddy carry them :)

I'm curious if any of the people who think high quality decoys are a waste of money bowhunt for turkeys? I think high quality decoys become really important when you are trying to bring a bird in extra close and have him be totally clueless that the decoys are fake. I've shot plenty of birds with my shotgun at 30-40 yards as they had their head straight up in the air putting at my decoys. Doesn't work so well with a bow.

And i shot both my turkeys last year without a decoy! Who would know!:D

sSig_youtheman.gif
:D:D:D:way:

I'm curious if any of the people who think high quality decoys are a waste of money bowhunt for turkeys? I think high quality decoys become really important when you are trying to bring a bird in extra close and have him be totally clueless that the decoys are fake. I've shot plenty of birds with my shotgun at 30-40 yards as they had their head straight up in the air putting at my decoys. Doesn't work so well with a bow.

Exackeery! :D

The only thing I dont like about them is the paint job on the wings and back just doesn'[t look right. Since I just bought two DSD's I think I will stick with them. :]

What are you talking about......they come struttin right in for black trash bags, charcoal bags and heck I sat a black shoe out once and had a tom come right in. Im mean dont you guys see that stuff every day:moon:

What are you talking about......they come struttin right in for black trash bags, charcoal bags and heck I sat a black shoe out once and had a tom come right in. Im mean dont you guys see that stuff every day:moon:

I usually hunt the wild birds, and leave the ones in the farmer's yard alone.

I usually hunt the wild birds, and leave the ones in the farmer's yard alone.

Aaawwww come on I have shed full of white ones two miles from my house, come on over and we'll blast a few of them.....well in tell the cops show:D

Top Bottom