Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public ground question

This is what I found. I know it says blinds but I think it goes for all trees.
c.
Tree and brush removal.
No person shall remove brush or trees around any blind, except willows. Willows and annual vegetation from the blind site may be used to cover the blind.

Can you put mineral/salt out on public? What is the rule for putting out a ladder stand?

around here they do. they cut,they have nails,screws,spikes,and they never take down the stands. it says in dnr book they can be put up 7 or 10 before the hunting season and you have to take them down 7 or 10 days after that last season.

Public ground is more for conserving our natural areas than it is for hunting purposes. No cutting trees, no screw in steps, nails.....etc. Stands have to be placed during season and pulled after the season is over. Stands left up during the off season are "trash left in the timber" as far as I'm concerned. Call your CO and have him remove them.

i have called CO they don't do a thing about them ? right now i can take you to over 20 stands plus that just stays in the woods on PG some are a high $$$$$$ stand. don't under stand why they don't pull them. give them a TICKET or the co pull them and put them on the spring sale.
my two cents.

no cutting. was just on pg about 2 weeks ago and saw about 5 stands still up. also saw numerous trees that were cut down to make shooting lanes.

After thinking about it, I can see why you don't want an army of people out on PG with chainsaws. On the other hand, I would say that anyone who hunts public does a little trimming. I would guess that the DNR has went with "absolutely no cutting" to try to minimize clearing.

I pack my stand in and out each time. Usually don't sit in the same area twice unless it's really hot. I've seen lots of trimming done in PG around here, but it's not supposed to be done. If you follow the rules, it is more likely that we will have more land to hunt. If not, our priviledges will be taken away.

sounds like there are stands up for grabs out by you. doesn't the DNR want you to "pack out your trash"? stands left up after season would count as trash

You may want to talk to the person in charge of the land and get their opinion. I know the law states no cutting but there are alot of non-native invasive species that are taking over some areas. It all depends on the attitude of the person in charge of an area, some might work with you. One of the county conservation employees I know says stands left after the deadline are fair game.

Top Bottom