Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This one will make you sick

cornhuskers

if i posted wrong can you move it to where it goes.

had to tell this one. i was on CRAIGSLIST last night and seen a post under deer antlers. i was under DES MOINES and the post for deer antlers said they were for sale in CARLISLE iowa. the guy had two racks listed & pictured them, the one was a 14 point and looked really big. i told the guy i would take them, i met the guy today at ANKENY at kum & go. ok this where it gets really bad we got there and got to talking to this guy that had the racks. he does old jobs and does alot of hauling junk and other stuff. he gets a call from a older lady telling him she had a job of hauling some stuff.he gets to her house, she takes him to her garage and before even getting to the garage he starts smelling something bad, the lady opens the door and he said what the HELL 9.. and i said 9 DEAD DEER? that was just this week. he has to load these up and haul them off to the land fill. who ever these hunters are they really needed to be turned in. this just makes me sick to hear. the guy said they were all tagged. in the 9 dead deer were 2 bucks, so the guy cuts off the antlers.
he told me that he spent a lot of money at the car wash trying to get the smell off his pickup. wow it still smelled today when i was standing by it WOW. sorry about the long post but this really pissed me off when he told me this story. and you know the hunter knew they were still in the garage. so what the hell was these hunters thinking ?

this big boy was a :
21 1/2" inside 14 pointer
MB's was 23" & 22"
IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

I'm no detective, but if he didn't give you the tag for those deer, I'd say he fed you a line of crap and sold you some deer he poached.

Why would you poach the second one? That one would not be worth picking up to a poacher.

If he had the deer he had the tags with the hunters names. The CO should have been called.

Yes the dnr was called on this deal. And no the the guy didn't even hunt. Wow just thinking i would post this not get cut down over the story wow. What some nice members here. I am sure the land fill guys seen the tags on those deer.

What ever sorry i even posted this. Hope the dnr nails them good. The i met they wasn't even his deer. He told me he should have turned them in but didn't. Why i don't know ? I told him he should have.

What a shame! They could've at least donated the meat or something but it does seem a little far fetched story but who knows.

we do craft work with antlers and sell dog chews.THAT'S WAY I BUY ANTLERS and i do buy a lot.

Same here and thanks for posting the story!!

My dogs sure love to chew on the antlers so any sheds I find, that are not worth noting, go to the puppies. :way:

Sounds like these guys stored them in the gagage, but were too lazy to do anything with them before they spoiled. Should be able to get them for wanton waste at least.I can only imagine what that garage smelled like after 2-3 months.

NO the best big ones go on the wall in my shop. i tag them where they came from and a little story with them. i can't cut up nice big ones like this one no way man.

Ok, that was a confusing thread, I think I got it now. Ok, so any of these idiots who may have been poaching, are you sicking the DNR on them??? These are the trash-balls in Iowa that need to be dealt with. Get the DNR on them and stick it to these weirdo, rotten carcus, meth-crazed, gimme 2 dollars for a beer, maggot infested idiots.

yes i posted that i had called the dnr on this deal. but if all nine dead deer had tags how can it be poaching ? and the dnr told me that they can take dead stuff to the land fill. would think so but he says they can.

cornhuskers said:
yes i posted that i had called the dnr on this deal. but if all nine dead deer had tags how can it be poaching ? and the dnr told me that they can take dead stuff to the land fill. would think so but he says they can.

If they were tagged legally it's not poaching, but you can't just shoot a deer and let it rot. Also, you can throw away carcasses after butchering. It's throwing the whole thing away that will get you in trouble.

If they were tagged that doesn't get them outta the woods like shooting them out of season or after dark or whatever but that evidence isnt there so really the only thing I is throwing the whole carcass away which is a big waste

Top Bottom