Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

deer hunting iowa

fbfzh2005

MATHEWS CHILL
Hello, Guys

I just moved to burlington iowa from michigan just wondering if i could get some advice on state ground around here...is there alot of people that hunt on state ground...i havent started door knocking trying to get private ground yet but just in case just wondering how the deer hunting is on state ground...ive been looking at the blackhawk its only 6 miles from home...any advice would be great...

thanks

Hello, Guys

I just moved to burlington iowa from michigan just wondering if i could get some advice on state ground around here...is there alot of people that hunt on state ground...i havent started door knocking trying to get private ground yet but just in case just wondering how the deer hunting is on state ground...ive been looking at the blackhawk its only 6 miles from home...any advice would be great...

thanks

Welcome to IW!

I wont be much help in that area, but here in NE Iowa we have quite a bit of state land. Generally the rule here is if you hunt it during the week you are golden. You can drive by one of the 5500 acre pieces here and maybe see 1 - 2 vehicles any given morning. This is assuming you are archery hunting. I wouldn't even go near state ground up here during shotgun season. Don't be afraid to hunt State ground during archery season, alot of good deer are killed every year on State land! Not much help I know, but I don't live down your way. Good luck.

Hello, Guys

thanks

I'm about 30 miles north of you! I have about 6 public areas within 50 miles of me!!! I'll hook you up anyway I can if your interested!!! Maybe even turn ya on to some private!!:way:

Top Bottom