Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spring River Walleye

Booner

Have been lucky enough to have one of the best springs of my life. Been at it for the last couple weeks, with water temps hitting almost that magic number the big girls have started moving into the holes and I've been lucky enough to land a few of them.

24.5 inches and weighed 6.7lbs, took some pictures and she went right back into the water.
nqzj2d.jpg

23.5inches and weighed 4.9lbs, another good female so she went back right away as well. Both fish were literally caught within 5 minutes of each other.
2wfsg7p.jpg

Caught this big girl March 17, she is my biggest to date. 30 3/4 and weighed 10lbs 4oz

3580wmh.jpg

5cagi8.jpg

Kind of sad deal with that big girl, I already have 2 big ones on the wall already so I had no intentions on keeping her. I literally fought her for a good 15mins and when I took her out of the net she had zero life left in her, I took some pictures and tried getting her to swim off but she was dead. Kind of a bummer since she was stock full of eggs but she will look great on the wall that's for sure.

Very nice! I've been way too busy to go and it's really killin' me. Thanks for rubbing it in!

Very nice!! Shoot with that kind of action and size I half way want in on the action! Even if they are walleye! ;)
:way:

Man that river looks wide open, we're way behind!!

That does get me excited though, some great fish!!!

Congrats on those dandies.

Bank looks busy.

nice catches.. were any of the other guys around you having luck with the big ones at the same time?

Actually everyone was catching fish that day it was pretty nuts, probably seen well over 50 guys and at least 20 of them left with limits and many had 2-3 nice eaters. However it did seem like i had the lucky spot that day and pulled some fatties out.

Top Bottom