Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another shed thief!

He has been identified.The owner of the property had alredy sent the guy a certified letter not to be on his property,But he had never seen him upclose to know it was him.He had a crappy photo of him trespassing in january and the guys brother inlaw said it was him.I also heard today that before any of this had had happened one of the neighbors said that this guy shed hunts and sells them on the internet.Hopefully he will learn his lesson but we will see.

He has been identified.The owner of the property had alredy sent the guy a certified letter not to be on his property,But he had never seen him upclose to know it was him.He had a crappy photo of him trespassing in january and the guys brother inlaw said it was him.I also heard today that before any of this had had happened one of the neighbors said that this guy shed hunts and sells them on the internet.Hopefully he will learn his lesson but we will see.

YES!!!! Nail this piece of crap!!!! I am very happy you found out who the dirt bag is!
*Maybe delete above that his brother in law identified him?

Last edited:
YES!!!! Nail this piece of crap!!!! I am very happy you found out who the dirt bag is!
*Maybe delete above that his brother in law identified him?
the brother inlaw admited that they were in there in january.I talked to him in march march about a later picture and he was no help.They new what they were doing.I could care less about them anyways,and they are my neighbors as well.

Good man, sounds like both of these guys are crooks!!! Nail em!!! If it goes through, sure would be nice to post their names, etc so other neighbors can be aware of exactly who these trash balls are. Like when Dbltree posted that guy's name, keep us posted if you're able!!!

Good call on sending a certified letter, as long as it shows that he recieved the letter prior to the date on the picture, that should be all that it takes to prosecute him!:way: The only problem is that the penalty isn't too severe so it might not be as much of a deterant as we would like.:(

He has a strong resemblance to this trespasser on an outreach outdoors thread...maybe the same guy, maybe not, but it is something to consider and see if they were taken in the same general area or what not.

Trespasser.jpg

Here is the OO thread:

http://www.outreachoutdoors.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3317

The problem is that even with multiple violations, he won't have to pay much. We need for these guys to get hit with much higher fines and a loss of hunting rights. At some point, there was someone here on IW that had connections with someone at IBA who was going to start working on tougher laws tresspassing and shed poaching laws. Has anything been done?

I've talked with my local CO and he said I need to write letters to my legislators. i've done that, but we need an organized effort and a group with a lobbyist to get this in front of the right people and get some legislation created.

Everyone needs to contact your legislators and tell them you are sick of this BS and that you want MUCH tougher tresspassing and shed poaching laws passed. Hopefully someone with IBA or IWF will get those organizations involved. Otherwise it will just keep getting worse.

I am not on the side of the tresspassers,,but why aren't the property Owners out on there land picking the sheds up? I realize some live away from there hunting land,,I do. They may not be able to be on it all the time.

I am not on the side of the tresspassers,,but why aren't the property Owners out on there land picking the sheds up? I realize some live away from there hunting land,,I do. They may not be able to be on it all the time.
I would think running trail cameras year round would be the next best thing to being on their land. I don't see a reason for a landowner to try to beat thieves to their sheds. Even people who live on or near their land have to work for a living. That's when the bottom feeders pray on the poor landowner.

I don't see a reason for a landowner to try to beat thieves to their sheds.

I agree....if you own the land you shouldn't have to worry about racing anyone to your sheds. There has to be a better way to hold these people accountable.

The land owner actually was back here shed hunting at the same time as the pictures were taken.I havent asked him yet but im guessing that the first thing they did when they got back were checked there cameras.Then they went shed hunting,Because i know this guy picked up those sheds in the picture right before the landowner was looking.Maybe thats why he didnt find very many.I wished he would have caught him red handed.That would have been way better.

stealing

Maybe the state/states need to put a value on each antler, therefore, if it is proven that this guy took (for example)--8 antlers(sheds)...then he would be fined x amount of $$$. If he were to steal a CD out of your truck, he would get quite a fine and/or something on his record, what is the difference, this is worse in my opinion.

Maybe the state/states need to put a value on each antler, therefore, if it is proven that this guy took (for example)--8 antlers(sheds)...then he would be fined x amount of $$$. If he were to steal a CD out of your truck, he would get quite a fine and/or something on his record, what is the difference, this is worse in my opinion.

The only problem is that sheds are considered state property so it's not really "theft" unless they have been marked and put out as "bait"

The best answer is as DTR mentioned...we have to work on getting hefty trespassing fines in place as other states have done.

This fall we'll need to have a concerted effort to contact our legislators to that effect. Remember folks....this isn't really about the sheds...it's about people trespassing. It's not their land and they have NO business being there...end of story!!

If they know they will pay a$1500 fine if they are caught walking on someone else land at ANY time of year for ANY reason...they might be inclined to stay out...;)

Remember folks....this isn't really about the sheds...it's about people trespassing. It's not their land and they have NO business being there...end of story!!
Exactly! Shed hunting will no sooner end, and morel hunting will start. I can guarantee you the tresspassing will continue. What's the going price per lb this year?

Top Bottom