Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wicked Tough Hand Saw – NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

Looks like a good saw Todd. Will you be selling replacement blades?

...and Breiner...get a life dude. Intellectual capital isn't going anywhere, but manufacturing sure is. Anybody who shifts manufacturing oversees is simply eliminating many many input costs. It sucks and it's the nature of the beast, but that's the way it is and the way it's going to be.

Instead of bitching, write your congressman and ask him to push for tariffs or something...but don't blast Todd and waste everybody else's time. Why don't you make yourself useful and picket Wal-Mart or something you pathetic P.O.S.

Clint Zimmerman said:
The moderators should have moved the original post to Gear and Equipment or the classifieds for obvious reasons.

Why? Todd is a sponsor of this site and I am getting sick of the barbs being shot over the bow. I have a long fuse and tend to let things smooth out but the fuse is getting short.

Todd-
Hope things like this don't keep you from posting videos and making other contributions to the site. Thanks for all that you share here. :way:

Todd-
Hope things like this don't keep you from posting videos and making other contributions to the site. Thanks for all that you share here. :way:

I agree! You may not be the most refined in your approach to marketing your stuff, but its fun to see the enthusiasm and see a guy that shares the same passion as MOST on this site! Plus you're a fellow Michigan boy.......so I have no choice but to support ya! Represent the sport in a positive light and don't worry bout the haters :grin:

Looks like a great saw to me.I have used gerber in the past and the ones i have used are junk.

Looks like a good saw Todd. Will you be selling replacement blades?

...and Breiner...get a life dude. Intellectual capital isn't going anywhere, but manufacturing sure is. Anybody who shifts manufacturing oversees is simply eliminating many many input costs. It sucks and it's the nature of the beast, but that's the way it is and the way it's going to be.

Instead of bitching, write your congressman and ask him to push for tariffs or something...but don't blast Todd and waste everybody else's time. Why don't you make yourself useful and picket Wal-Mart or something you pathetic P.O.S.

Now that hurts my feelings:( You are not following the posting guidelines by calling me names... GFY sir:way:

I appologize Todd, we all have to make a living. Good luck with your saws.

Clint Zimmerman said:
Why? It is an advertisement about hunting gear.

And if I felt it should not be in this forum I would have moved it. There is a post in the gear forum as well and if he wants to post it in the fishing forum its fine with me.

Thank God for acronyms........... haha this site is awesome now! Makes me laugh everyday :way:

Looks like a great saw, just wondering why they sell replacement blades if it has a life time guarantee?

I too am disappointed it's made in China, I try to avoid buying foreign as much as possible but that's hard to do in this sad economy anymore.....very sad!

I've been using a Corona hand saw for years. Best made, in my opinion. Not sure where they're made but I've never had one break. They sell replacement blades because they do, eventually, get dull. But takes a long while....

It looks like an awesome saw. What sucks is I lose mine every year so I mines well stick with the cheapies ;)

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I'm out of my office now, but next week I'll reply with some information. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this new saw :way: I've broken and bent my fair share of saws in the past.

I will say after reading this post - I'm not sure where all of the unfounded negativity is coming from ... probably just a lack of tree stand time :grin:.

Let's pull it together and keep it positive. If you have to post something negative send me a PM and I'll give you a couple of other sites to go to and make that post :grin:

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry it has taken me a while to get back. I’m taking a quick break from packing saws to give you some of the information that I feel is worthy of providing.

I quoted the Wicked Tough hand saw project in the USA. I actually have some friends in plastics / castings and was able to get some numbers run. Without getting into details, if I were to cast / mold / and screw machine the component parts here, the retail price of a saw would be $79.99-99.99. If you don’t know what that would do to the market size; well, let me tell you it wouldn’t work. Wicked would never have come to light if I were to have manufactured domestically. I’m a sole proprietor and it was either make them in China, or don’t make them at all. At one time I actually looked for a domestic saw blade manufacturer and was unable to find a single supplier in the USA that could produce the style of blade that this saw required. Again, if I were to find one the costs would have been so prohibitive that it wouldn’t have been possible in the first place. Consider for a minute what I’m up against here guys. A bunch of junk plastic saws that retail for between $9.99-19.99. Top end is around $30.00. I’m already going to be battling the market because it is the highest priced hand saw in our marketplace.

I’ve worked with domestic and foreign suppliers for many years now. I can assure you of one thing, there isn’t another saw on the planet that is built to the specifications of the Wicked Tough saw; at any price range. I’ve used Silky saws for years (Japanese), and they are known as being the best. They have a great blade, but I still broke 3 handles per season because they were designed to fail at a certain level of wear. It’s how they and many other manufacturers build business. Well, that’s not my style; I’d rather build something I can personally rely on to get the job done and not fail in the field. This is what you are buying when you buy one of my saws. When you actually see one, touch one, and use one in the field the difference is night and day. If it’s not, I’ll give you your money back. It’s that simple.

I’m not going to get in some big debate about the global economy; if you don’t understand how it works, then I’m not going to convince you here. We the people of the USA (Iowa Included) exported something in the neighborhood of 17.5 BILLION dollars in agriculture to China in 2010. The largest country of exportation of food from the good ol’ USA. Anyone know any farmers growing beans or corn, or anything else complaining about this? I know a lot of guys making darn good money on crop sales due to the demand that the exportation has continued to provide. So, you think this is a one-sided economy and China is the only one benefiting from our relationship; well, you might want to call Sam Walton to ask him how China has affected his little business.

Thanks very much for your interest in our product, and anyone who has ordered a saw; as of this afternoon, everything will have shipped! Enjoy, and let me know what you think when you’ve had a chance to rip through some timber!

Todd, great info...wish a guy didn't have to go into such depths to explain himself. The reality is nobody is going to pay $75(+) for a handsaw...so you picked your price-point and made it happen. Donald Trump would be proud to have you on the apprentice:way:, except I don't think he knows $hit about hunting.

ALSO, I work in the health&safety field, and I really commend you for wearing your safety glasses while conducting the break tests and in the field. We have to $hit-can several laboratory videos each year because researchers shoot the videos without the proper PPE.

PPE tends to be like common sense...some have it and use it, others...well, not-so-much

I was wearing safety glasses when breaking my competitors products - as I knew metal and plastic would be flying!

I wish I had "Trump" money; if I did, we would all have a KILLER line of tree trimming equipment in our arsonal!

Thanks for the feedback!

Global strategy

The market is now global, if you are ONLY marketing/selling and manufacturing in the US you are probably a dying business. The largest corporation in the US will soon be Apple Inc. They currently have more cash on hand then the US government (not joking). They sell and manufacture everywhere.

My point is, every company must look global, if not, don't even bother you will not be able to compete.

Top Bottom